You want high visibility, challenging opportunities and a rewarding environment.
Sodexo is hiring a Unit Controller 3 in for the Bridgewater State University in Bridgewater, MA. Bridgewater State University is a public university with its main campus in Bridgewater, Massachusetts. It is the largest of nine state universities in Massachusetts. Our successful candidate will have strong financial acumen, a demonstrated history of strategic budget planning and management, excellent communication skills and the ability to describe complex financial structure to management team and clients. Do you have successful experience managing accounting and managing several, multiple million-dollar accounts. The Unit Controller will provide unit finance support for weekly flash projections, participation in final budget reviews, forecast updates, period close, and ad hoc reporting (daily, weekly and monthly). This position will serve as the primary point of contact for unit finance projections, questions and concerns.
Are you our next finance guru who will be responsible for reviewing, analyzing and preparing financial reports related to the finance function? This position analyzes, reviews and implements process improvements. May lead a significant part of a project to enhance the internal and external financial reporting capabilities. Develop internal and external relationships to ensure maintenance and delivery of financial reports and information. Contributes to the strategic direction of the financial reporting function and success of the overall operations!
The ideal candidate will have the following skills/experience:
- Strong Financial Accumen, Strategic Budget planning and management, Excellent communication skills and the ability to describe complex financial structure to management team and clients
- Experience supporting and training controllers and general managers on various finance procedures including flash projections, forecasting, budget process, and various Sodexo reporting tools
- Moderate level experience in Site Monitoring, E-vision, Brio, Essbase-Hyperion
- Mastery level experience in Excel, Word, PowerPoint & computer skills
- Experience with budget model, forecast model and AOC tools a plus
- Strong contract skills and new-unit-opening skills a plus
If you are a numbers ninja and would like to join a passionate team, please post!
Careers in Universities:
Working for Sodexo in Universities allows you to support students on their path to adulthood and academic success. Located on college and university campuses across the country, Sodexo creates clean, safe living and learning environments that inspire and drive success. Student success depends upon so many conditions - when they are well fed, safe, comfortable and learning in a clean, well maintained environment they are more likely to succeed.
Manages all accounting and financial matters for large multi-size national account or a large complex single location account
- Examine Unit financial records to verify details of recorded transactions. Examine financial records to verify details of recorded transactions. Analyze and interpret budgeting trends.
- Assist in the implementation of corrective action plans developed during an audit. Assist in the monthly/quarterly/year-end close process to ensure accuracy and integrity of results at the unit/district/region/division level. Plan or assist in planning annual or project-specific budgets
- Generate special reports and respond to data requests from management. Prepare and review reports and other written documentation. Actively listen to concerns and requests of customers and strategic partners, which helps to identify their needs and requirements and to resolve their problems.
- Perform unit audits. Perform ad hoc financial analysis for Unit/District management. Participate in the audit process, including assisting in identifying and resolving audit-related issues.
- Conduct training on internal controls. Train accountants and field in contract interpretation, accounting procedures, system applications, and other areas
- Provide Unit management with recommendations for action and/or modifications to financial procedures, plans, and controls. Provide support to GM's/DM's/RVP's/DVP's in order to ensure accurate results and help improve profitability. Provide support in resolving client billing issues, and managing and collecting receivables.
- Ensure accuracy and timeliness of financial data and statistics, including operating and administrative budgets. Ensure that assets, liabilities, revenues, and expenses for responsibility area are accurately reported and accounted. Ensure audits address areas of concern relative to the goals, performance objectives, and impact of economic, financial, and managerial programs in conformance with Company policies and procedures.
- Interact with Buffalo FSC and clients to resolve invoicing and payment/remittance issues.
- Maintain records and reports necessary to comply with Company, government, and accrediting agency standards, regulations, and codes.
- Driving the zero harm mindset
Qualifications & Requirements
Basic Education Requirement - Associate's Degree or equivalent experience
Basic Functional Experience - 2 years in accounting, finance or a related field
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.