The Sr. Secretary will:
- Support the Dean and Associate Deans
- Support the Director of the Paul J. Hooker Center for Entrepreneurial Leadership and Hamilton Executive in Residence
- Collaborate with the Dean’s Office Administrative Assistant on projects and events
Essential Duties, Tasks and Responsibilities
- Prepares written correspondence including letters, memos, and emails and maintains files. Oversees incoming and outgoing mail.
- Updates and maintains Schmidthorst College webpages.
- Provides support for the AACSB accreditation process including preparing reports and maintaining documentation.
- Prepares correspondence, documents, and presentations and assists with meetings of the Schmidthorst College Leadership Council, Young Alumni Board, Paul J. Hooker Center for Entrepreneurial Leadership Advisory Board, college-level faculty and staff meetings, and other meetings
- Downloads and reconciles budget reports. Reconciles p-card transactions.
- Prepares faculty and adjunct contracts.
- Maintains inventories and orders supplies
- Gathers information and prepare Faculty Staff Newsletters
- Interviews, hires, trains, and evaluates student assistants. Coordinates work schedules. Orders keys as needed. Approves students’ time.
- Makes travel arrangements and prepares Chrome River travel expense reports.
- Assists in planning, organizing, and running events in the College.
- Works on special projects
- Knowledge of basic mathematical skills
- Knowledge of basic reading skills
- Ability to carry out verbal and/or written instructions
- Ability to effectively communicate, verbally and written
- Detailed-oriented and highly accurate
- Ability to work in changing environment
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Ability to interact effectively with students, faculty and/or staff or the public and represent BGSU appropriately
- Ability to coordinate or lead others in accomplishing work activities
- Knowledge of computer skills, such as MS Office, presentations, spreadsheets and/or database entry/query
- Ability to query, run reports and modify data in financial systems
- Ability to access and maintain document imaging systems, including scanning and filing documents
- Ability to operate computers and peripheral equipment such as printers
- Ability to draft office correspondence
In addition to your cover letter and resume, you will be required to upload a written response to the diversity and inclusion question listed below. The Diversity Statement should not exceed 1 page that is double-spaced with 1-inch margins, using 12pt. font.
- Reflect on a time when you advocated for something related to equity, diversity, and/or inclusion.
- One-year related experience required
- High school diploma or GED required
- Basic html, Adobe CMS End design, and MS Publisher experience
Full-time, Classified staff position available. Pay Grade 25/$15.63. Full benefit package available.
Deadline to apply: October 20, 2021
For a complete job description & to apply for this position visit https://bgsu.hiretouch.com/ or contact the Office of Human Resources at (419) 372-8421. BGSU. AA/EEO/Disabilities/Veterans. In compliance with the ADA Amendments Act (ADAAA), if you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to apply for a position with Bowling Green State University, please call 419-372-8421.