UC Residential Medical Clerk - Bilingual English/Spanish
Requisition #: req5821
Location: Grand Rapids, MI
Hours: Full-time (40 hours/week)
This position is offering a $1,500 sign on bonus.
Bethany is changing the world through family. We began our work by serving one child more than 75 years ago. Today, Bethany is an international Christian nonprofit partnering with communities in more than 30 states and in several countries around the world. We strengthen and preserve families, support displaced people fleeing danger, and find safe, loving families for children who need them. Bethany is at the forefront of creating and implementing solutions to meet the growing needs of vulnerable children and families in the U.S. and around the world.
The Unaccompanied Children (UC), Medical Clerk is primarily responsible for maintaining accurate and timely medical records, appointments, and services in accordance with the requirements of the program.
This position is expected to function effectively with regular supervision while following the guidelines given on procedures, along with agency, federal, and state regulatory requirements.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
- Schedule, coordinate, and follow through on the medical and dental services provided to clients to assist case managers and/or agency nurse;
- Set-up and maintain the medical record for each program client;
- Ensure the initial medical screening, TB screening, immunization records, and medical recommendations are included in the medical record and conduct frequent portal audits to ensure timely data entry;
- Address specific medical conditions with medical providers and resources, while serving as a liaison with the provider and foster family;
- Assist foster parents, nurse, and case managers in addressing any barriers that interfere with timely medical services for clients;
- Assist the program with communicating medical needs, conditions, recommended treatment, and medical emergencies to ORR through the UAC Portal and Significant Incident Report;
- Maintain accurate, up-to-date information on clients in care while meeting ORR and Bethany's documentation and reporting requirements;
- Stay abreast of all agency, federal, and state regulatory requirements related to social services;
- Complete other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or equivalent;
- Associate's level degree in related field of study from and accredited university, a plus;
- At least one (1) year of experience working with medical providers;
- Bilingual Spanish/English fluency, preferred;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience with medical systems and procedures;
- Must have an ability to provide excellent and compassionate customer service;
- Ability to work independently and exercise a high level of confidentiality;
- Must be reliable with time sensitive deadlines and tasks;
- Work well under pressure and adaptable to change;
- Computer and typing skills sufficient to perform essential job functions;
- Active motor vehicle license and a reliable automobile with adequate insurance coverage;
- Pass a criminal history screen, including state and local child protection agency registries;
- Subscription to and integration of the agency Statement of Faith, Mission Statement, and Cultural Diversity Commitment.
We value and embrace the principles of diversity, equity, and inclusion; our culture is strengthened and our workplace is more dynamic. We are a global organization with multicultural staff, clients and stakeholders, so we strive to create a workplace that reflects the communities we serve and where everyone feels empowered to bring their full, authentic selves to work. More work remains, but we are deeply committed to honestly acknowledging and addressing the impacts of race and racism throughout the organization. This work can be uncomfortable and even painful, but we believe that the greatest challenges bear the greatest rewards.