Responsible for the management of the analytics team ensuring that enterprise data assets are effectively managed and utilized to support the organization's strategic goals. Participates in setting the vision of the department for the future and development and planning to attain the vision. Ensures existing data/information assets are identified, stewarded and leveraged across the enterprise. Utilizes solid understanding of healthcare, extensive experience in business intelligence discipline and the ability to look across the entire organization to develop and promote a strategic vision of our data environment. Demonstrated skill at discussing solutions with business units, clinical and technology audiences, at an appropriate level, while demonstrating translation between clinical, customer, and technical domains.
Essential Job Duties:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
- Leadership in Data Management Strategies, Stewardship, Governance and Design: Develops core enterprise data architecture principles. Collaborates with key IT stakeholders, particularly the Center for Health Care Improvement, to ensure that analytics solutions meet project information requirements and fit within the broader enterprise architecture content. Defines target architectures to support components of the data management and reporting conceptual architecture. Develops and documents conceptual data model and data flow for clinical outcomes analytics. Develops domain specific, i.e., Master Data or Advanced Analytics, architecture. Governs significant clinical data projects for adherence to standards and to approved architectures. Responsible for architectural governance of multiple data management development efforts: Coordinates internal and external systems, including combining data from multiple systems into coherent summaries; making provisions for missing and conflicting data, as well as markers associated with similar dada that means different things to different systems, leads data stewardship program and convenes regular business intelligent meetings with departmental representatives implementing a full data stewardship program, fosters common understanding of business data elements and requirements; actively teaches and develops team members. Guides planning and sequencing for inter-project data dependencies. Manages data harmonization by reviewing data fields so that the same field does not have different names for the same record throughout the enterprise. Promotes standard vocabulary enterprise-wide (Example: Distributed Cost is identified as Cost Allocation elsewhere). Owns the enterprise logical model: Defines standards, drives consolidation of redundant data, identifies opportunities for sharing databases and services internally and externally, ensures that application data models and integration designs are consistent with conceptual data flow, identifies unanticipated capabilities, and endorses the strategic vision through data models.
- Project Management Discipline: Although this role is not primarily involved in day-to-day, hands-on project work, this role does perform data analyst logical modeling roles for highly complex, or critical projects. Promotes project management discipline using project management terms to increase the project management discipline throughout the enterprise to enable agile technologies. May manage the entire process of development for critical projects, including oversight and directing others involved with the design; documenting the design and development process; creating training materials; and training non-technical users how to use the database. Ensures the enterprise is designed as a semantic model within a designated financial budget. Provides leadership to projects in resolving data and data integration design issues. Engages with project teams to ensure their solutions are consistent with the defined future state enterprise architecture. Reviews and assists in the development of resource plans and estimates for data related components of solutions.
- Critical Documentation Responsibilities: With the CIO, Information Management leadership, and customers, creates a long-term, enterprise-wide plan to integrate all business systems and workflows across the organization. Plan will include prioritized, detailed steps and a fiscally responsible budget. Maintain centralized documentation of the integration process for integration continuity. Responsible for developing and maintaining formal description of the data and data structures, including data definitions, data models, data flow diagrams, and other characteristics of metadata; such as metadata management, business semantics, data modeling and metadata workflow management.
- Operations: Evaluates tools and makes recommendations to meet business information needs. Partners with industry analysts, software vendors and internal stakeholders to develop data architecture and delivery strategies. Publish high-level data relationship charts to: Facilitate avoidance of data redundancy and prevent data and business transaction inconsistency, facilitate data re-use and sharing. Learn what the organizations systems do and model the critical data flow and identify opportunities. Building and maintain a central data base of the organizations data bases and document fields that could potentially be shared enterprise-wide to serve as a data reference model system. Develop a data strategy and associated policies which propels the organization toward codifying best practice (a policy may specify any one are of data standards: information assurance, data retention, or data stewardship).
- Participates in setting the vision of the department for the future and development and planning to attain the vision. Leads in setting the vision and strategy for information management technologies and infrastructure in alignment with core IT strategies and corporate strategies.
Leadership: leads the Quality data analytics department in strategy development with regard to the collection, manipulation, and analysis of data for various business functions/departments such as marketing, sales, operations, among others.
Strategy Make business recommendations to senior leadership based on results/trends identified in data analysis; Responsible for setting and operationalizing the Quality analytics strategy for organization.
Create new data-driven approaches for the purpose of generating business insights through data analytics, information visualization, and addressing Quality Safety Experience, Population Health processes, outcomes and improvements in a proactive manner.
Analytics: Develop and apply analytical algorithms and methods to drive and enhance data systems and streamline business processes.
Improve the quality of analytics solutions on a consistent basis.
Leads the analytics and department to create high quality analyses for Qualiyt, Safety, experience, population health and value based program functions, defining metrics that track the business's performance at different fronts.
Validate, interpret, and create reports and presentations for senior management, departmental heads/management, and relevant stakeholders.
Collaboration: This highly collaborative role facilitates joint brainstorming and team collaboration and works closely with data base developers related to data access.
Works closely with senior management to establish departmental goals and strategies.
Collaborates with data analytics and data warehouse personnel to define the data collection needs of the business for current and future work, guaranteeing high data-quality and reliability across Luminis Health (LH).
Collaborates with numerous departments across LH, aiding them in the proper use of data to ensure delivery of desired operational results.
Collect data from a variety of sources Create mechanisms for exploring structured, semi-structured, and unstructured data Handle confidential information responsibly Manage metadata Commission and decommission datasets Assess data quality Support data integrity initiatives Define new collection techniques Identify patterns in data.
Performing statistical tests on large datasets to determine data quality and integrity. Evaluating system performance and design, as well as its effect on data quality.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field and/or appropriate experience; Master's Degree in Informatics, Statistics, or related field preferred.
- 5 years' experience in solution design in a hospital (provider) setting, including Care Management, Clinical Research, Clinical Operations, Managed Care Operations, Finance and Administration.
- 3 years prior supervisory/management experience.
- Proven and referenced track record in solution design, problem solving, with deep technical implementation experience of data modeling and master data maintenance
- Will have competency performed in one or more roles, including database administrator, data modeler, data integration developer, and/or BI/DW architect
- Proven technical / clinical / business track record in multi-team project delivery
- Experienced in one or more databases and/or mainstream BI/DW vendor technologies (Epic, Big Data concepts, analytical tools (Crystal, Business Objects, and QlikView), with proven ability to extract, transform and load (ETL) tools. Data standardization, i.e. medical vocabularies from SNOMED, LOINC
- Solid understanding of impacting and emergent industry trends within BI/DW/Analytics space
- Previous experience leading teams required
- RxNorm standard lexicon experience is a plus
Working Conditions, Equipment, Physical Demands:
There is a reasonable expectation that employees in this position will not be exposed to blood-borne pathogens.
Physical Demands -
The physical demands and work environment that have been described are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act.
The above job description is an overview of the functions and requirements for this position. This document is not intended to be an exhaustive list encompassing every duty and requirement of this position; your supervisor may assign other duties as deemed necessary.