Location: Mequon - Wisconsin
Location: Milwaukee - Wisconsin
The Sr. Product Specialist is responsible for partnering with the Product Manager on the global ownership of the On-Machine variable frequency drive portfolio through the Integrated Drives business unit. This role will assist in the creation, marketing, maintenance and commercial support of various On-Machine drive programs and pre-sale engagements. There are opportunities to help drive profitable growth actions and work with key stakeholders to execute high value programs for each product or application as assigned. Leadership in supporting the product lines include: B2B strategic goal collaboration, commercial readiness for new and existing products, strategic planning, voice of customer, product requirement alignment, pricing, negotiations, forecasting, portfolio promotion, competitive analysis, and product lifecycle management. This role will help oversee the execution on specific product areas such as manufacturing strategy, delivery, customer satisfaction, and productivity.
A key growth area is the scoping, execution and implementation of portfolio expansion programs. This will include commercial facing tools, publishing technical documentation, and digital marketing support to help our customers select and use the proper solution for their application. The role is global, therefore some schedule flexibility (~10%) may be necessary to support and promote various regions, such as North America, South America, Europe, Middle East, Africa, and Asia. There will be opportunities for direct customer interaction and collaboration on a global basis which may require some travel. The Sr. Product Specialist will also provide the short-term and long-term strategic business direction and how it aligns with development, operations and engineering service partners.
- Develop, enhance, and maintain the On-Machine VFD portfolio.
- Provide leadership for portfolio expansions which includes commercial readiness, technical documentation, competitive analysis, etc.
- Actively promote the On-Machine drives portfolio on global industry calls, power calls, and other sales and customer facing opportunities.
- Create partnerships with engineering staff to align customer expectations with development of standard product.
- Collaborate across business boundaries
- Assist the product manager with owning the customer relationship and assist with addressing inquiries or issues.
- Clear and concise written and verbal communication skills to direct the actions of engineering, manufacturing, sales and operations partners on a global basis.
- Help support our legacy On-Machine portfolio and product obsolescence. This will include life cycle planning, last time buy estimate, and migration strategy to support active product solutions.
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering (Electrical, Mechanical or equivalent).
- This role is required to travel nationally/internationally up to 10%.
- Legal authorization to work in the US is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening.
- A minimum of three years in an Industrial Automation/Power Control Product Management and/or Engineering role motor control applications
- Commercial support or engineering
- Project Management experience or certification.
- Experience with technical leadership and the CPD process deliverables
- Experience with commercial execution of projects and feel confident engaging in a technical or project management capacity.
- The operation of a variable frequency drive within Studio 5000 Software and Logix hardware environment
This position is part of a job family. Experience will be the determining factor for position level and compensation
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer including disability and veterans.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need assistance or a reasonable accommodation during the application process, please contact our services team at +1 (see application details).