Location: Milwaukee - Wisconsin
Location: Mayfield Heights - Ohio
Information Architects at Rockwell Automation are part of a team of communicators who craft a seamless customer experience from engagement to purchase, and through the post-sale experience. This role is crucial in managing a large ecosystem of technical content to help improve customer success. You will develop and maintain content strategies for complex products, systems, and technologies to guide the creation of technical, post-sale content. You will work in a collaborative environment that encompasses the entire portfolio of automation hardware and complex enterprise software used to design, maintain, and operate manufacturing processes in all global industries. The successful candidate must be creative, innovative, and work effectively in a small team with highly skilled communicators.
- Acts as a user advocate to ensure that technical information deliverables meet customer needs for content, deliverable type, and delivery media at all stages of the customer journey.
- Defines, documents, and communicates the relationships within and among sets of deliverables from both the user and business perspective via documentation strategy maps, content requirements, and content plans for key projects and emerging technologies.
- Creates and maintains content models for standard deliverables and provides guidance to information developers on the use of content models, best practices, and implementation of content strategies across product areas.
- Uses Adobe tools to maintain web pages with curated technical content recommendations; with user-centered design principles in mind, design and develop pages for technical content deliverables.
- Works with Web development team to maintain branding, taxonomy, metadata, SEO, and accessibility for technical content.
- Prepares prototypes and executes UX research to gather customer feedback on proposed innovations. Uses data and research for continuous improvement.
- Provides process analysis and design support to address issues of content consistency and availability, such as regulatory content, product compatibility information, and reusable content.
- Creates visual and engaging artifacts to communicate abstract concepts.
- Clearly articulates Technical Communication vision, practices, and content strategy to other Rockwell Automation functions and senior management.
- Ability to travel 2 - 4 weeks per year to meet with stakeholders.
- Bachelor's degree in information Architecture, Technical Communications, User Experience Design
- Three years of experience in Information Architecture or User Experience roles in a technical environment.
- Demonstrated ability to develop user personas and scenarios, as well as conduct user surveys and usability testing with UX methodologies.
- Experience in interfacing with a variety of levels and functions, and strong skills in gathering information from customers and subject matter experts.
- Self-motivated and proven ability to work independently with stakeholders in multiple office locations and be able to manage multiple project priorities and evolving processes.
- Content Management Systems (CMS): Adobe Experience Manager (AEM), Adobe Experience Cloud products, or similar tools.
- Authoring tools: Experience with modern XML authoring tools; knowledge of Adobe FrameMaker, Acrobat.
- Experience in an IIoT environment and knowledge of digital transformation trends in manufacturing. Knowledge of industrial automation control and information products (control systems, software, communication networks and sensing devices) or other highly technical subject matter.
- Ability to present a portfolio of previous work experience.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer including disability and veterans.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need assistance or a reasonable accommodation during the application process, please contact our services team at +1 (see application details).