Sodexo's Universities Segment has an opening for an Area Executive Chef in New York!
This Area Executive Chef will be the Senior Culinary person providing support and oversight to the day to day operations of 10 campuses within the District of Western New York, and can be based out of Rochester, Albany, Utica, Syracuse or Poughkeepsie areas. 75% travel involved with this position. Valid drivers license is required.
This is an opportunity for an innovative and creative chef who thrives in a fast paced environment. This position supports all facets of daily culinary production including all daily resident, retail and catering production, deployment of wellness strategies, overseeing the development of culinary employees. The best qualified candidate will have excellent leadership experience. They will have a focus on safety and sanitation and quality and standards.
This is a great opportunity for an experienced Executive Chef to lead a talented regional culinary team. We are looking for someone with great communication and training skills. This is a high-level culinary management role, but will also be hands-on as needed to support operations. The position requires culinary innovation, as well as the ability to think both inside and outside the corporate structure to insure that the university continues to be a culinary leader in our field. Willingness to travel is required!
The Area Executive Chef ideal candidate will possess the following:
- Currently in a leadership capacity with experience in large volume food operations background;
- Experience in managing and developing teams;
- Strong financial background;
- Strong operational and culinary skills with experience in high-end and high-volume off-site catering services;
- Excellent client relationship and presentation skills;
- Have polished leadership skills to lead a large culinary team;
- ACF certification and culinary graduate (desired but not required);
- Strong interpersonal skills and leadership abilities.
We are looking for candidates who will:
- manage the daily food production including production planning and controls;
- ensure Sodexo Culinary Standards including recipe compliance and food quality;
- manage food costing, controls and compliance;
- develop menus and manage inventory;
- have high expectations for customer service and quality of food;
- have the ability and willingness to develop and train frontline employees;
- have a passion for food and innovation;
- have knowledge of special diets and allergens; and
- knowledge of Sodexo Food Management System (FMS) is preferred.
Careers in Universities:
Working for Sodexo in Universities allows you to support students on their path to adulthood and academic success. Located on college and university campuses across the country, Sodexo creates clean, safe living and learning environments that inspire and drive success. Student success depends upon so many conditions - when they are well fed, safe, comfortable and learning in a clean, well maintained environment they are more likely to succeed.
Working for Sodexo:
How far will your ambition, talent and dedication take you? Sodexo fosters a culture committed to the growth of individuals through continuous learning, mentoring and other career growth opportunities, along with the performance of organizations. We believe it is important for our work to be meaningful to all who contribute to it, and we remain faithful to our mission, our core values and the ethical principles that have guided us since 1966. We support these values and help them thrive in each employee.