Yes - According to Grade
Success is yours when you collaborate and work hard in our team-based culture!!
**Relocation assistance is available**
Sodexo is seeking a Catering Manager 3 for the University of Central Missouri located in Warrensburg, Missouri. It serves more than 14,000 students from 49 states and 59 countries on its 1,561-acre campus. University of Central Missouri offers 150 programs of study.
Sodexo at University of Central Missouri is responsible for Resident Dining, Retail, Concessions and Catering. We have more than 300 employees on campus!
The Catering Manager will oversee all catering operations on campus and University Concessions. The Catering Manager will be responsible for all innovative event concepts, partnerships, and will oversee all aspects of our catering program.
The successful candidate will:
- identify customer needs and expectations;
- ensure that Sodexo and customer goals are aligned and met;
- educate and develop rapport with clients and promote partnerships;
- promote a customer/client centered culture that strives to exceed customer and client needs;
- coordinate all unit catering initiatives to drive sales growth and track results.
- maintain and improve service level resulting in increased customer satisfaction;
- ensure all HAACP standards are followed; and/or
- demonstrate resourcefulness and quick responsiveness to client and customer requests.
Is this opportunity right for you? We are looking for candidates who:
- Have a work history demonstrating strong employee engagement leadership skills, as well as previous supervisory experience and the ability to work collaboratively
- Have a strong background in safety and sanitation compliance
- Manage multiple priorities, demonstrate professional communication skills, and a passion for a high level of customer service
- Prioritize tasks and exhibit flexibility to take on additional responsibilities as needed
- Five consecutive years of food service experience in high volume catering management
- Extensive formal training in Catering services, with particular emphasis on customer service, event planning and presentation, and event management
- Strong focus on food quality and presentation as well as high end catering experience
- Previous success managing a University Campus account
- Strong leadership skills, computer skills, culinary knowledge and food/beverage cost controls.
- Experience in diverse culinary functions, food and labor cost control, food safety and sanitation
- Technical competence in unit financial management, pricing, menu development and will be responsible for the training and development of front line hourly employees and managers.
- Superior interpersonal skills and have the ability to develop and maintain professional, positive working relationships with multiple clients, liaisons, customers, employees, supervisors and vendors.
- Effective communication skills and will be able to articulate ideas, thoughts, opinions, professionally and clearly within all levels of client and Sodexo's organizations.
- Exceptional time management skills and will be able to juggle multiple priorities
- Ability to enhance the learning environment on campus through world-class food service
Learn more about University of Central Missouri at https://www.ucmo.edu/
Learn more about Sodexo's Benefits
Not the job for you?
At Sodexo, we offer Food Service Management and Catering positions in a variety of business segments, including Corporate, Schools, Universities, Government and Agencies, Healthcare, Senior Living and Sports and Leisure locations across the United States. Continue your search for Food Service Management jobs.
Working for Sodexo:
Sodexo fosters a culture committed to the growth of individuals through continuous learning, mentoring and career growth opportunities. At Sodexo, you will find the ingredients for a great career in food service management specializing in Catering. With benefits including schedules that encourage work-life balance and continuing education opportunities, you'll enjoy an improved quality of life that's unique in the hospitality industry.
Oversight of catering activities for a medium to large size location/unit with less than $1.5M in managed catering volume. Complex events with a high degree of hands on involvement in catering solutions. Large amount of high profile events. Strong client interaction.
- Oversight of Sodexo resources, recipes, systems and use of catering programs to direct daily catering events including; food production, inventory, product deliveries, invoices, and procurement operations.
- Oversight of the sales process for catering and/or conference services. Works with client and customers to design events.
- Ensures employees have appropriate equipment, supplies and resources to perform their job, and meet goals, cost controls and deadlines as assigned.
- Establishes and maintains a safe work environment including both food and physical safety in order to comply with all regulatory and Sodexo standards in various environments. Drives the Zero Harm mindset.
- Complies with budget requirements by controlling costs (i.e. labor, inventory, equipment, materials) and making adjustments when necessary
- Supervises employees by delegating, assigning and prioritizing activities, and monitoring operating standards
Qualifications & Requirements
Basic Education Requirement - Associate's Degree or equivalent experience
Basic Management Experience - 2 years
Basic Functional Experience - 1 year work experience in food or culinary services including restaurants, fast food, vending, catering services, institutional services, mall food courts, etc.
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.