You are inspired by great ingredients and creative cooking. At Sodexo, we bring these together for culinary innovation.
Sodexo is seeking an Executive Chef 2 for Menlo College located in Atherton, CA. Menlo College is a small private undergraduate college that focuses on the practical arts of business in the entrepreneurial economy. A residential college in the heart of Silicon Valley, just outside San Francisco, Menlo College offers degrees in business and psychology.
Our students come from all over the world to learn the practical arts of business including leadership, critical thinking, creativity, team building, communication and the science of behavior. We take advantage of the strong entrepreneurial community around us and require an internship which may be taken at one of the many companies and incubators with which we have partnerships. We are very proud of our intimate and engaged student community fueled by our spirited and competitive athletics program.
The successful candidate will:
- be responsible for purchasing, menu compliance, inventory, food cost analysis and food production forecasting;
- ensure Sodexo Culinary standards including recipe compliance and food quality are implemented;
- have the ability and willingness to develop and motivate team members to embrace culinary innovations;
- ensure food safety, sanitation and workplace safety standard compliance; and/or
- have working knowledge of automated food inventory, ordering, production and management systems.
Is this opportunity right for you? We are looking for candidates who have:
- a strong culinary background, with the demonstrated ability to stay current with new culinary trends;
- excellent leadership and communication skills with the ability to maintain the highest of culinary standards;
- strong coaching and employee development skills; and/or
- have a passion for food and innovation.
Learn more about Menlo College at https://www.menlo.edu/
At Sodexo, we believe every employee should have the resources to be their best. As part of our overall rewards, we offer benefits programs designed to help you maintain a healthy lifestyle including health, dental and vision insurance. We also offer other benefits like paid time off, financial and savings programs, 401k, and access to our employee assistance program and other discounts. Click here for more information about Sodexo's Benefits.
Not the job for you?
At Sodexo, we offer Culinary positions in a variety of business segments, including Corporate, Schools, Universities, Government and Agencies, Healthcare, Senior Living and Sports and Leisure locations across the United States. Continue your search for Culinary jobs.
Working for Sodexo:
At Sodexo, you will find the ingredients for a great culinary career. With benefits including schedules that encourage work-life balance, reimbursement of association dues and continuing education opportunities, you'll enjoy an improved quality of life that's unique in the hospitality industry.