Are you a Registered Dietitian ready to impact the lives of students and faculty at a large University?
Sodexo is seeking a fulltime Registered Dietitian to support the campus dining programs at University of Vermont (UVM). This is a year-round position.
Reporting to the Operations Manager, this RD will:
- Act as the nutrition resource for the Sodexo wellness programs and ensure their full implementation (i.e. Mindful program, Simple Servings, My Kitchen and MyZone);
- Develop educational events and present at various UVM programs;
- Be responsible for meeting with students and parents of students with special dietary needs and support their transition to eating in campus dining which may include: food allergies, healthy eating, sports nutrition, food access, preferences including sustainability and vegetarian/vegan;
- Assist the culinary team in understanding special dietary accommodations, menus, and products. Work collaboratively with the culinary team to ensure that all special dietary meals are prepared according to accommodation needs, including cultural preferences;
- Provide in-services to all staff members on food allergies, avoiding cross contamination, and best practices for providing gluten-free offerings on campus;
- Provide individual meal planning to students that are on the meal plan, and be available for one-on-one appointments with students to provide nutrition counseling and education on making healthy and appropriate choices based on their specific needs. Also provide dining hall tours to prospective students and parents;
- Collaborate with other departments across campus to ensure a coordinated approach to the students' well-being.
- Act as preceptor for the food service rotation for the UVM MSRD program, an accredited dietetic internship program;
- Attend monthly Sodexo Campus Dietitian calls; and
- Utilize Nutritionist Pro to calculate nutrition analysis for unique menus. Will ensure nutritional accuracy of menu labeling across campus.
Is this opportunity right for you? We are looking for candidates who:
- are a Registered Dietitian and are eligible for licensure in state where applicable;
- Have familiarity with special diets, special dietary products, proper menu labeling and signage and other special dietary resources;
- have excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to effectively communicate with stakeholders at all levels;
- have the proven ability to effectively engage, motivate and influence others regarding their nutrition;
- have strong presentation skills;
- have demonstrated ability to manage competing priorities with the ability to adapt the changing needs of the role;
- have a history of working independently with little direction; and/or
- have a commitment to continued education in the nutrition field and implementation of new and innovative ideas to implement.
Learn more about The University of Vermont at https://www.uvm.edu/
Learn more about Sodexo's Benefits
Not the job for you?
At Sodexo, we offer Nutrition and Wellness positions in a variety of business segments, including Schools, Universities, Healthcare, Personal and Home Health Services, and Senior Living locations across the United States. Continue your search for Nutrition jobs.
Working for Sodexo:
How far will your ambition, talent and dedication take you? Sodexo fosters a culture committed to the growth of individuals through continuous learning, mentoring and career growth opportunities.
Responsible for providing direct comprehensive nutrition services
-Directs nutrition care of special needs population to ensure nutrition needs and customer satisfaction levels are met.
-Maintains and develops client relationships and client satisfaction to ensure account retention.
-Manages, promotes, and educates others on food and nutrition programs according to Sodexo standards and policy.
-Collaborates and communicates with culinary and clinical departments on established processes, special diets, and menu requests and probes potential problems and apprises manager of status on resolution of problems or issues, using appropriate Sodexo resource when necessary.
-Ensures compliance with all federal, state and local regulations as well as Sodexo/client policies and procedures (e.g. Health Dept., HIPAA/Privacy Act, Joint Commission, quality assurance, safety, operations, and personnel) by keep abreast of the most recent nutrition-related trends, research, policy, certifications, and standards of practice.
-Establishes operating standards, implements quality improvements and communicates them to other departments..
Qualifications & Requirements
Basic Education Requirement - Bachelor's Degree
Basic Functional Experience - 1 year work experience in health care including hospitals, nursing homes, assisted or independent living facilities, long-term care, retirement homes, or clinics + registered dietitian
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.