Full-Time Opportunity for a Director of Finance
Where: 100 Leibert Road Hartford, CT 06141
Hours: Regular Business hours are Monday - Friday 8:00am - 4:30pm. (Required to work additional hours as needed)
Duties: The Director of Finance provides overall direction of system-wide finance and budget activities, including accounting, payroll, revenue, benefits administration, budgeting, and financial reporting. This Executive level position directly oversees and supervises the finance staff in the Hartford Division, provides policy and procedural guidelines for payroll, revenue, and other finance functions in other divisions. This position will also supervise the coordination and administration of employee benefits and be the primary liaison with company medical, dental, life insurance, and short-term disability carriers.
- Bachelor’s Degree in accounting, business administration or related field. Post-graduate education in these or related fields is desirable. Significant post-graduate training of a specialized nature in the area of transit-industry accounting, benefits administration and financial management may substitute for a portion of the work experience requirement.
- Five (5) years of professional, full-time accounting experience, including some supervisory and management experience. Significant finance and administration experience in the public transit industry is highly desirable and may be substituted for a portion of the education requirement.
- Knowledge of transit industry accounting practices, especially the National Transit Database reporting and regulations, is required. Specific knowledge of transit industry revenue handling, payroll, benefits administration and financial reporting practices is highly desirable.
- Experience developing and monitoring operating budgets is required. Experience developing and monitoring budgets within the public transit industry is highly desirable.
- Knowledge of computer based accounting systems, spreadsheets, data bases and word processing is necessary and highly desirable.
- Good work record is essential.
- Valid drivers' license and the ability to be insured by our insurance company throughout employment. Individual may be required to travel in the course of their daily work.
- Proficient in software programs (word processing, spreadsheet and database), Internet applications and utilization of all relevant office equipment. The ability to learn quickly internal software programs. Must be able to handle confidential information.
- The ability to prioritize projects and have excellent verbal and written communication skills, tact and diplomacy. Ability to work both independently and in a team environment.
- Knowledgeable and experienced in both COBRA and HIPAA regulations.
Compensation: Competitive Salary with Excellent Benefits! Employees ride for free on CTtransit buses.
Apply Now: Please visit our website at http://www.cttransit.com/Careers/ to view the full job description and apply.
***All CTtransit employees are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and demonstrate at appropriate intervals, that they have received all subsequent doses (“boosters”) of the COVID-19 vaccine as recommended by the CDC ’s Advisory Council on Immunization Practices as those recommendations may be updated.
CTtransit is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
CTtransit is the brand name of the eight bus transit systems owned by the Connecticut Department of Transportation and operated by various contractors. HNS Management Company operates the Hartford, New Haven, and Stamford Divisions of CTtransit, and, in 2015 assumed responsibility for operating most of the service on CTfastrak, the State-owned bus rapid transit line serving Central Connecticut. We are the second largest public transit system in New England with a total fleet of over 450 buses and over 27 million annual customers. HNS employs over 1,200 bus operators, maintenance employees, and administrative personnel. HNS management reports to the Connecticut Department of Transportation’s Bureau of Public Transportation.