KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Considerable experience in and knowledge of payroll practices required
- Experience in NC public school payroll highly desirable
- Proficiency in payroll software and Microsoft Office Excel & Word
EDUCATION AND TRAINING:
- High school diploma required;
- Associate Degree in accounting or business related field preferred
TERM OF EMPLOYMENT: 12 months
SALARY: State Salary Schedule, Grade 63
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
- Accurately and timely processes payroll data through a computerized payroll system in a high volume payroll operation (3800 employees, $185 million annually)
- Schedule must permit meeting all payroll deadlines
- Maintains reliability and confidentiality of records
- Provides outstanding customer support
- Other duties as assigned
- Ability to be physically active, which includes, but is not limited to, standing, pushing, pulling, squatting, bending, sitting, walking.
- Ability to reach with hands and arms routinely.
- Ability to operate technology for prolonged periods of time.
- Ability to carry furniture such as tables and chairs, supplies and materials.
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds routinely and 30 pounds occasionally.
- Must be able to visually and auditorily effectively communicate with staff and others.
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees to this job.
Onslow County Schools does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability, or age in its programs and activities.
Open Until Filled. EOE
Click to apply today!