Sodexo is seeking an Executive Chef 3 to oversee the culinary operations at the University of Tampa in sunny Tampa, FL!
The successful Executive Chef will have prior experience managing high volume/large scale college or university culinary operations encompassing resident dining programs, catering, and retail food service. This Executive Chef will create elegant and sophisticated culinary experiences that exceed culinary and service expectations while enhancing client program objectives. This position is responsible for the organization and execution oversight of all culinary operations on campus. A strong work ethic, a penchant for developing high performing teams and a solid understanding of HACCP and other food safety programs will be a priority for this Executive Chef.
The successful Executive Chef will have experience with, and proven results in, the following areas:
- Culinary Creativity: Follows culinary trends and innovates using local sustainable food sources, is able to translate ideas into unique menu and recipe programs that advance the culinary experience across the regional enterprise. Candidate must have the ability to completely translate "authentic" international cuisine to the customer.
- Leadership: Ability to effectively manage and communicate with Culinary Staff, Key Personnel, Catering Staff and Management Teams along with a passion and dedication to be "one of the best". Candidate must be highly engaged and extremely hands-on in day to day operations.
- Training: Must be able to articulate and demonstrate a wide-ranging variety of cooking techniques and skills for the catering staff (plate presentation, quality, safety, proper culinary techniques).
- Financial: Ability to manage and demonstrate proven results with food costs, labor and controllable expenses.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Large scale College/University culinary experience;
- Strong culinary background with experience in catering and banquets;
- Emphasis on food presentation, quality, execution, menu design & implementation;
- Focus on customer service excellence;
- Demonstrated experience providing strong leadership, including supervision, direction and training, to a diverse team of employees;
- Focus on food and physical safety and sanitation;
- Experience managing food and labor cost controls to meet targets;
- Understanding of food allergens and special dietary needs;
- Strong understanding of financials as well as strong analytical skills.
Responsibilities for this culinary leader's role will include VIP catering menu planning, client interaction, food forward presentation skills, food prep, inventory management, purchasing, food & labor costing, scheduling, safety/sanitation & employee training. This position will also have direct customer and client interaction.
If you want to be part of a forward-thinking, passionate, and dedicated team who strive each day for excellence, then consider joining the Sodexo team!
** RELOCATION ASSISTANCE IS AVAILABLE WITH THIS POSITION! **