Position Type: Full Time Location: Albany, New York Date Posted: Date posted 09/22/2021 Areas of interest: Field Operations, Technician Requisition Number: 292083BR TCB170
What is your goal?
If you’re like a lot of people, you want a career that can grow with you. Spectrum Field Technicians come from all kinds of backgrounds and experience levels. If you’re new to the role, enter our training program enthusiastic to learn our systems, services and equipment. If you have experience, continue to increase your knowledge to get comfortable with our expanding and evolving range of tools and techniques. Find lasting success and create quality customer relationships. Build your skills to become a valued member of our team and a reliable face in the community. The knowledge you gain here can take you far.
What is the role?
Getting started as a Field Tech means getting up-to-date with all that Spectrum has to offer. As we continue to update our tools, technology and efficiencies, we’ll teach you to install and service a range of Spectrum products. You’ll get at least four weeks of fully paid, hands-on training with power tools, cable and telecom equipment, meters and apps, computer software and more. You’ll get to develop pole climbing and ladder skills safely and effectively right at our training facility. We provide all the gear you’ll use, and the knowledge you gain will make you a valued professional. There’s also support after you have completed training in case you need a quick refresher or higher-level backup.
Sunday 10am - 7pm, Monday - Thursday 12pm - 9pm, w/ 1 hr lunch
Climb the Ladder at Spectrum
Are you ready to see how far you can go? There are opportunities to grow and succeed at Spectrum, and we’re proud when our people achieve more. It shows in the fact that so many of our Field Operations supervisors, managers, and directors started as Field Techs themselves. They know exactly what it takes to thrive and how to best support their team, whether that means onsite backup or being available to talk through issues. Join our apprenticeship program for support moving up with training and experience. Build a strong foundation for a career that progresses as you do.
The benefits are clear
In addition to the core benefits — industry-leading retirement savings and 401(k) plans, comprehensive healthcare insurance options, dental and vision plans, flexible spending, family leave, and paid training and time off — we offer free Spectrum products and services where available, tuition reimbursement, employee discounts, and a selection of other programs to support team members and their families. Have previous technical experience and (or) knowledge? Starting salary will be based on level of experience.
This is a physical job, so you must have the ability to do the following:
• Move over, and possibly under, different types of terrain in all-weather while carrying tools and equipment.
• Ability to operate and lift weight-bearing equipment, such as customer premises equipment, gaffs, safety harnesses, extension ladders (that can weigh up to 75 pounds and extend 28 feet).
Additional necessary skills and abilities include:
• A willingness and ability to learn to use handheld devices and operate computer or test equipment. These can include signal level meters, pressure testers, ohm meters, handheld applications, a laptop computer and software.
• Familiarity with computer operating systems and a variety of consumer communications devices, such as smartphones, routers, modems, converters, and wireless devices.
• A valid driver’s license with satisfactory driving record within company-required standards. Travel to and from assigned territories and company facilities, including during inclement weather, is essential.
In The Field
Every day brings something different, so Field Techs should be comfortable working in a lot of different settings, for example:
• High, outdoor places like telephone poles and rooftops, in all weather conditions, possibly for extended periods of time.
• In residences, potentially in poorly ventilated areas such as attics, basements and/or crawlspaces where there may be dust, dirt, noise, insects, rodents, pets, and cleaning solutions.
• Consistent and punctual attendance. The ability to work overtime, weekends, second shift or participate in an on-call rotation when scheduled.
• Out of the box thinkers. You must be able to work with little supervision and have the ability to apply common sense, experience, and theory towards problem solving and decision making.
Our Commitment During COVID-19 Your health and safety is important to us, as such we’re using virtual recruiting tools to safely meet with qualified candidates. We are working in the office, following CDC guidelines.
Get to Know Us Charter Communications is known in the United States by our Spectrum brands, including: Spectrum Networks, Spectrum Enterprise and Spectrum Reach. When you join us, you’re joining a strong community of more than 95,000 individuals working together to serve more than 31 million customers in 41 states. Watch this video to learn more.
Who You Are Matters Here We’re committed to growing a workforce that reflects our communities, and providing equal opportunities for employment and advancement. Learn about our inclusive culture.
***** Learn more and apply at the Times Union Job Fair October 11 from 10am-4pm at the Albany Marriott