Join the skilled Facilities team at Orchard Place and contribute to our mission of developing strong futures for Iowa's kids! Willing to train a motivated individual with the capacity to learn about a variety of maintenance duties.
The Maintenance /Facilities Technician at Orchard Place is responsible for general maintenance and repair to buildings, equipment and grounds to assure the proper functioning, general appearance and full use of the facility and equipment. Position works from 8:00a - 4:30p Monday through Friday. Compensation starts at commensurate with experience plus full time benefits package.
Orchard Place values diversity, equity and inclusion, and we recognize that people come with a wealth of experience and talent beyond just the technical requirements of a job. Diversity of experience and skills combined with passion is key to innovation and excellence; therefore, we encourage people from all backgrounds to apply to our positions. Please let us know if you require accommodations during the interview process.
What you will do:
• Complete building services including repairs, maintenance, installation and restoration of various projects.
• Provide routine maintenance to mechanical and electrical services.
• Maintain grounds services including minor landscaping and concrete repair and snow removal.
• Provide for service and maintenance to Orchard Place vehicles.
• Communicate and coordinate with outside contractors and in-house services to obtain quotes for repair for materials, equipment and services, maintenance and office configuration projects.
Sound like a good fit? A few requirements include:
• High school diploma and a trade or technical school education and/or reasonable qualifications and experience to maintain and make repairs in a residential/commercial setting preferred
• Skills in carpentry, plumbing, mechanical and electrical services
• Communication skills and ability to maintain positive customer relationships and represent the organization in a positive manner to service providers
• Capability of working with and relating to emotionally disturbed children and other staff members in an appropriate manner
Criminal record, abuse registry and motor vehicle record checks completed as required by Orchard Place's licensure and accreditation standards.