Benjamin Moore represents a brand rich in history, with unparalleled innovation, premium performance, and the power to inspire transformation. Reporting to the Manager, Communications, the Communications Specialist, role offers an environment for the highly collaborative and self-motivated professional seeking to bolster the company’s vision, mission + values. Read more in our 2020 Corporate Social Responsibility report.
The Communications team’s primary function is to keep all employees, from our HQ and R&D offices to field sales and supply chain, and retailer network informed of pertinent information—including business strategy, growth planning and other strategic initiatives, leadership team updates, important resources and tools, product news, marketing and retail activations and more.
With keen attention to detail and a strong knowledge of various digital platforms/ content management systems, your contributions will enhance the Communications team’s overall impact and value to the business.
- Execute campaigns to internal audiences via various communication vehicles, including the company’s intranet, sales enablement hub, retailer portal, email, SMS text, mobile apps, social media and other websites
- Coordinate within the team’s project management system/ content calendar to ensure the timely dissemination/ publication of information
- Perform regular maintenance across all channels, constantly keeping content accurate and fresh
- Test and verify content within all browsers and across all devices
- Test and implement new features and functionality across all tools
- Create and maintain archives of all communication assets
- Update distribution lists, ensuring the proper import and data flow between systems
- Assist in building the company’s Content Admin Community—a newly assembled group of employees charged with leading the intranet upgrade
- Monitor two-way channels (e.g., employee intranet discussions, retailer portal forums), recommend new topics/ questions to pose and collaborate with colleagues to facilitate responses as needed
- Partake in stakeholder meetings to understand the needs for upcoming projects, as well as in brainstorm meetings for communication-related initiatives
- Keep abreast of the latest tools, industry trends and best practices in digital communications/ implementation and content management
- Assist in tracking metrics to help drive overall communications strategy and improvements
- BA/BS/BFA in Communications, Digital Marketing, IT or related major
- 2-3 years related experience preferred
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and the fundamentals of CMS, SMS and email marketing, particularly with scheduling and publishing content, SEO, A/B testing, campaign automation and reporting (training to be provided on team’s current systems + tools)
- Excellent communication, organization and prioritization skills
- Diligent, meticulous and proactive with a sense of ownership over deliverables and a passion for perfecting each project
- Ability to be nimble in a fast-paced environment
- Familiar with the latest digital communication trends, tools and best practices
- A creative thinker and solutions-oriented individual with a positive attitude
- Natural collaborator and resourceful, self-starter who can work comfortably across all levels of the organization