Connected Care Assistant - Bilingual (Spanish)
Orlando, FL /
Patient Care - Care Team /
We're looking for someone who believes that each and every member deserves world-class service and goes above and beyond to make sure that service is delivered. Our Connected Care Assistants have a demanding job, but the demands are worth the rewards. This is one of those rare opportunities where your work will help save lives and truly enrich others. The Connected Care Assistants works in collaboration and continuous partnership with chronically ill or "high-risk" patients, their family/caregiver(s), and their clinical care team. The Connected Care Assistant is responsible for consulting with patients and determining their needs, assisting clinicians in developing care plans, coordinating patient-care services, and working with the care team to evaluate interventions. The successful applicant will display a compassionate nature, be knowledgeable about health care practices, and provide exceptional customer service. Our Connected Care Assistants are on the front lines of our patient care, and we need your detail oriented self to come and join the mission!
- Coordinate care as part of an interdisciplinary team to advocate on behalf of patients, care team, family/caregiver(s), payers, and community resources
- Consult with patients and discuss their health goals and challenges in order to connect them to quality programs leading toward healthier outcomes
- Guide patient through motivational interviewing/health coaching
- Assist in care plan development and adherence
- Facilitate and attend meetings between patient, family/caregiver(s), care team, payers, and community resources
- Check-in on the patient, evaluate and document their progress
- Attend ongoing training and courses to keep skills current with new developments in healthcare
- Treat patients with empathy and respect
- Comply with organizational guidelines and health care laws and regulations
- Enhance clinical outcomes for patients by promoting timely access to appropriate care, increase utilization of preventative care and reducing emergency room utilization and hospital readmissions.
- Licensed and credentialed Medical Assistant / Health Coach / Community Health work preferred
- Prior experience in case management or clinical practice preferred
- Demonstrated skills in motivational interviewing desired
- Highly organized with ability to keep accurate notes and records
- Experience with health IT systems and reports is desirable
- Knowledge about and connections to community health care and social welfare resources is desirable
- Demonstrates professional, appropriate, effective, and tactful communication skills, including written, verbal and nonverbal
- Demonstrates a positive attitude and respectful, professional customer service
- Acknowledges patient's rights on confidentiality issues, maintains patient confidentiality at all times, and follows HIPAA guidelines and regulations
- Proactively acts as patient advocate, responding with empathy and respect to resolve patient and family concerns, and recognizes opportunities for improvement to meeting patient concerns
- Proactively continues to educate self on providing quality care and improving professional skills
- Strong analytical thinking and ability to handle multiple tasks concurrently.
- Bilingual speaking, reading, and writing proficiency in Spanish/English
About Grand Rounds Health, Doctor On Demand and Included Health:
Grand Rounds Health, Doctor On Demand and Included Health merged in 2021 to form the first of its kind integrated virtual care company to raise the standard of healthcare. Our personalized, longitudinal care services include primary care, specialty care, integrated behavioral health, everyday and urgent care, chronic condition management and prevention and 24/7 triage. We get members to the right care, at the right time through ongoing clinical navigation, expert medical opinions and care coordination.
Partnering with leading employers and health plans, we deliver unparalleled, end-to-end care. Our combined nationwide practice of dedicated clinicians and innovative data science and technology platforms provide better care experiences, better member satisfaction, and better outcomes and cost savings for our nearly 100 million covered lives across commercial, Medicare and Medicaid.
Headquartered in San Francisco, the combined company has been recognized as a 2020 UCSF Digital Health Award winner for Employer Wellness and 2021 Best Workplaces in Healthcare and Biopharma(c) by Great Place to Work and Fortune. Learn more at www.grandrounds.com and www.doctorondemand.com .
Grand Rounds Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetics or any other basis forbidden under federal, state, or local law. Grand Rounds Health considers all qualified applicants in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.