Posted Date: Jul 21, 2021
A family of companies and experiences
As the leading foodservice and support services company, Compass Group USA is known for our great people, great service and our great results. If you've been hungry and away from home, chances are you've tasted Compass Group's delicious food and experienced our outstanding service. Our 225,000 associates work in award-winning restaurants, corporate cafes, hospitals, schools, arenas, museums, and more in all 50 states. Our reach is constantly expanding to shape the industry and create new opportunities for innovation. Join the Compass family today!
great people. great services. great results.
Each and every individual plays a key role in the growth and legacy of our company. We know the next big idea can come from anyone. We encourage developing and attracting expertise that differentiates us as a company as we continue to raise the bar.
The primary role of the Bilingual Associate Accountant is providing financial support to our field operations while providing top internal customer service and escalating appropriate items to the Field Accountants. We will consider new Accounting Graduates with a solid GPA and a prior customer service experience.
Also very exciting new sign on bonus of $2,000 after 90 days of employement.
Positions at this location require a COVID-19 vaccination. Where permitted by law, applicants who are offered a position for this location will be asked about their vaccination status, which must meet minimum business requirements. All religious, medical, or other legally recognized exemptions regarding vaccination status will be considered.
- Provide daily support to field operations by training operators to use and understand financial information and back office accounting systems
- Act as a liaison between field operations and other Corporate functions such as Accounts Payable, Treasury, Capital Assets and Payroll
- Assist with ensuring monthly profit and loss statements are an accurate reflection of the results of the period
- Ensure accounting conforms to the Group Accounting Policies and Procedures and maintains our internal controls
- Assist in meeting requirements for compliance to contract terms including operation maintenance, balance sheet review (Imprest Funds, Inventory, Entitlement Accruals, etc.), and operation closures
- Ensure assigned balance sheet accounts reflect the correct balance and are review and reconciled monthly
- Validate field requests and prepare journal entries as needed
- Create and maintain day-by-day and closing checklist for all operations
- Maintain accurate contact information on all field internal customers
- Identify best practices within the role and strive to improve processes and efficiencies
- Perform other accounting tasks as needed
- 2 year degree in Accounting and a minimum of 3 years of accounting/booking experience strongly preferred
- We will consider new Accounting Graduates with a solid GPA and a prior customer service experience.
- General ledger experience
- Excellent customer service skills
- Good communication skills, verbal and written
- Proficient knowledge of Excel
- Ability to work under pressure of tight deadlines
- Must be a quick learner and self-motivated
- Bilingual in Spanish
Apply to Compass Group today!
Compass Group is an equal opportunity employer. At Compass, we are committed to treating all Applicants and Associates fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.
Accountants and Auditors
3 to 20+ years