$76,710.40 - $117,187.20 Annually
Arlington *METRO-accessible*, VA
Arlington Economic Development
10/28/2021 11:59 PM Eastern
Arlington Economic Development (AED) Department is seeking a Salesforce Administrator who will manage AED's customer relationship management (CRM) Salesforce system, including create and manage processes to track essential economic development data, leads, prospects, customer interactions, events, marketing, and other data within Salesforce. This employee will develop an in-depth understanding of AED's business processes and needs and will design and implement Salesforce solutions that ensure the department is maximizing efficiency and capitalizing on the features and benefits of the system. This position has a significant impact on the day-to-day operations of the division and is integral in executing economic development programs that serve Arlington's business community.
This position is located within AED's Operations Division, which is responsible for managing AED's administrative functions including finance, budget, procurement, information technology, facilities management, and other general services. This employee will work under the direction of the AED Operations Director and be responsible for working directly with AED Leadership and other Division Directors or their designees.
Specific duties :
- Leading Salesforce administration for AED and serving as primary point of contact for Salesforce, Carahsoft, consultants, and other Salesforce-related vendors;
- Serving as department expert on (see application details), troubleshooting issues, providing strategic and technical guidance, and creating and implementing new department-wide processes;
- Leading department Salesforce training, engagement, and collaboration to develop an internal culture of empowered and solution-driven power-users (including maintaining multiple user roles, security, profiles, workflow rules, etc.);
- Analyzing business priorities and processes and implementing system enhancements, including creating custom objects, reports, workflows, email alerts, templates and campaigns;
- Collaborating with internal stakeholders, other County Departments (e.g., Dept. of Technology Services) and consultants to develop and implement strategic, technology-driven solutions to meet economic development, marketing, tourism, business development program needs;
- Leading efforts to integrate Salesforce with existing or new software to create more efficient systems and participating in cross-functional teams that address strategic business issues involving CRM, data management, and marketing;
- Overseeing data integrity and hygiene and collecting, segmenting and analyzing business intelligence data;
- Providing data-backed analytics to business development managers and other stakeholders regularly and on an ad-hoc basis;
- Developing and analyzing key performance indicators (KPIs) and reporting on measures, data integrity, utilization and performance metrics;
- Developing and implementing dashboards and reports on outcomes for AED's Divisions to provide to County leadership; and
- Serving as an internal Salesforce resource for the Business Investment Group (BIG), which is charged with reducing the commercial vacancy rate through the attraction and retention of companies.
The ideal candidate will have expertise in project management, data integration and data management methods and tools, including experience with reporting and data visualization tools, strong analytical and problem-solving skills, and the ability to work across teams and collaborate with a diverse range of people.
- Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Business Administration, Information Systems Management, Computer Science or related field;
- Experience in analyzing business requirements and creating and executing Customer Relationship Management (CRM) solutions, especially with Salesforce;
- Management of smaller projects or as a team leader on larger projects.
Substitution: Additional qualifying experience may be substituted for the education requirement on a year-for-year basis.
Desirables : Preference may be given to candidates with a Master's degree in related field and experience in one or more of the following:
- Salesforce Sales Cloud, Salesforce Marketing Cloud/Exact Target;
- Economic development, business, nonprofit, government, or real estate;
- Proficiency in creating custom objects, validation rules, workflows, triggers, reporting, dashboards, formula fields and assignment rules;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and experience with large datasets;
- Customer relations management software and data analytics;
- Managing daily operations of business development functions; and
- Project Management Professional, Agile certifications, or Salesforce certifications.
A pre-employment criminal records check will be conducted. It may include checks of the following: criminal record, driving record, education, professional licensure, and credit history. You may be required to sign a release authorizing the County to obtain your background information.
Applicant must possess, or obtain by time of appointment, a valid driver license. The applicant must authorize Arlington County to obtain, or the applicant must provide, a copy of the applicant's official state/district driving record. Any offer of employment may be contingent upon a favorable review of the applicant's driving record.
Employee must be able to travel and attend local, state and national events even if outside normal working hours.
Work Hours: Monday through Friday and 8:00a.m - 5:00p.m.
The official job title is Business Systems Analyst II.
Your responses to the supplemental questionnaire are considered part of the selection process and are required for this position. Please do not give "see resume" as a response to the questions. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Arlington County Government employee benefits depend on whether a position is permanent, the number of hours worked, and the number of months the position is scheduled.
Specific information on benefits and conditions of employment can be found on the Arlington County Human Resources Department website: (see application details)
Permanent, Full-Time Appointments
All jobs are permanent, full-time appointments unless otherwise stated in the announcement. The following benefits are available:
Paid Leave : Vacation leave is earned at the rate of four hours biweekly. Leave accrual increases every three years until eight hours of leave are earned biweekly for twelve or more years of service. Sick leave is earned at the rate of four hours biweekly. There are eleven paid holidays each year.
Health and Dental Insurance : Three group health insurance plans are offered - a network open access plan, a point-of-service plan, and a health maintenance organization. A group dental insurance plan is also offered. The County pays a significant portion of the premium for these plans for employees and their dependents. A discount vision plan is provided for eye care needs.
Life Insurance : A group term policy of basic life insurance is provided at no cost to employees. The benefit is one times annual salary. Additional life insurance is available with rates based on the employee's age and smoker/non-smoker status.
Retirement : The County offers three vehicles to help you prepare for retirement: a defined benefit plan, a defined contribution plan (401(a)), and a deferred compensation plan (457). The defined benefit plan provides a monthly retirement benefit based on your final average salary and years of service with the County. You contribute a portion of your salary on a pre-tax basis to this plan. General employees contribute 4% of pay; uniformed public safety employees contribute 7.5% of pay. Employees become vested in the plan at five years of service. The County also contributes to this plan.
For general employees, the County also contributes 4.2% of pay to a defined contribution plan (401(a)) . The County also matches your 457 contribution, up to $20 per pay period, in this plan. The 457 deferred compensation plan allows you to set aside money on either a pre-tax (457b) or post-tax (457 Roth) basis up to the IRS annual limit. New employees are automatically enrolled with a pre-tax contribution equal to 2% of your base pay.
Other Benefits: The County also offers health, dependent care, and parking flexible spending accounts; long-term care insurance; tuition assistance; transit and walk/bike to work subsidies; a college savings plan; wellness programs; training opportunities; and a variety of other employee benefits.
Permanent, Part-Time Appointments:
Part time employees who work ten or more hours per week receive paid leave and benefits in proportion to the number of hours worked per week.
Limited Term Appointments:
Benefits are the same as permanent appointments except that the employees do not achieve permanent status.
Temporary Regular Appointments:
Temporary regular employees who work 30 hours or more per week are eligible for health, dental, and basic life insurance as described above. They are also eligible for vacation, sick leave, and paid holidays.
Temporary Seasonal and Occasional Appointments:
Temporary employees who work on a seasonal basis or variable hours receive sick leave, but do not normally receive other paid leave or benefits. Exceptions are noted in individual announcements.