Join a great team where residents are at the heart of everything we do!
Sodexo Senior Living is seeking a Food Operations Manager for The Alton Memory Care with Stuart Co, located in St. Paul, Minnesota. This manager will be responsible to oversee the dining services within the memory care unit with up to 65 residents. This is an all tray-line food service operation that operates 365 days a year with service of three meals a day. The Operations Manager will work independently and will report to the General Manager who offices in an adjacent building. The Operations Manager will need to have a mix of both front and back of the house experience; supervision of hands on cooking, employee management, assembling tray meals, safety audits, ordering, tracking system for dietary needs and will interact with residents and clients on a daily basis.
Typical shift will vary between the hours of 6:00am - 7:00pm, with some weekend coverage.
The successful candidate will:
- be a hands on manager;
- implement and standardize inventory control, HACCP, cleaning schedules, staffing plans, presentation and quality of food, kitchen cleanliness, safety, etc. Sodexo standards will be the benchmark;
- create interpersonal relationships with the residents.
Is this opportunity right for you? We are looking for candidates who have:
- knowledge of food production with cooking skills (will cook as needed);
- prior food service management skills experience ideally in a seniors/ healthcare environment;
- the ability to multitask and proven effectiveness in a high-standards driven environment;
- an understanding of forecasting, food cost management, purchasing, inventory and labor management concepts;
- the ability to successfully lead, develop and train a team;
- proficient computer skills as well as exceptional organizational and customer services skills; and
- Servsafe certified as well as working knowledge of HACCP and experience with Health and Safety audits
Learn more about Sodexo's Benefits
Not the job for you?
At Sodexo, we offer Culinary positions in a variety of business segments, including Corporate, Schools, Universities, Government and Agencies, Health Care, Senior Living and Sports and Leisure locations across the United States. Continue your search for Culinary jobs.
Working for Sodexo:
At Sodexo, you will find the ingredients for a great culinary career. With benefits including schedules that encourage work-life balance, reimbursement of association dues and continuing education opportunities, you'll enjoy an improved quality of life that's unique in the hospitality industry.