Yes - According to Grade
Sodexo is seeking a General Manager- Conference Center for New Mexico State University, located in Las Cruces, NM. This position will be Responsible for development, promotion, and implementation of institutional (on- and off-campus) events and conferences. Provide vision, solicit, plan and direct high-quality events, camps and conference activities with specific emphasis on adding new outside groups and revenue generating activities to our portfolio consistent with the university's mission and goals. Oversee staff who execute university events and summer camp activities as well as collaborate with faculty and staff who are providing academic and educational content consistent with the university's mission and goals.
The successful candidate will:
- have oversight of day-to-day operations;
- deliver high quality food service;
- achieve company and client financial targets and goals;
- develop and maintain client and customer relationships;
- develop strategic plans;
- create a positive environment; and/or
- ensure Sodexo standards are met.
Is this opportunity right for you? We are looking for candidates who:
- have a work history demonstrating strong employee engagement leadership skills, as well as previous supervisory experience and the ability to work collaboratively;
- have culinary production experience and a strong background in safety and sanitation compliance;
- can manage multiple priorities, demonstrate professional communication skills, and a passion for a high level of customer service;
- prioritize tasks and exhibit flexibility to take on additional responsibilities as needed; and/or
- demonstrate working knowledge of Sodexo Food Management System (FMS) The Market Connection (TMC) and is proficient in computer skills and report management experience. This is only for internal candidates as external candidates won't have this knowledge
Learn more about New Mexico State University at https://www.nmsu.edu/
Learn more about Sodexo's Benefits
Not the job for you?
We offer Food Service Management positions in a variety of business segments, including Corporate, Schools, Universities, Government and Agencies, Healthcare, Senior Living and Sports and Leisure locations across the United States. Continue your search for Food Service Management jobs.
Working for Sodexo:
At Sodexo, you will find the ingredients for a great career in food service management. With benefits including schedules that encourage work-life balance and continuing education opportunities, you'll enjoy an improved quality of life that's unique in the hospitality industry.
Directs all contract management service operations at a Conference Center Campus, Meeting Management or Lodging property. Plans, organizes, staffs, and directs multiple services which generally includes: sales and marketing, conference services, food and beverage, front office, housekeeping, laundry, transportation, engineering, conference planning, audiovisual technology, accounting and finance, human resources, development and professional growth of management team. Manages the client relationship on a daily basis while ensuring customer satisfaction and good public relations. Manages through managers and is accountable for the contract. Senior-most person assigned to a one client account.
-Sales/revenue critical job duty
-Business management overall business (operations management)
-Supervision of staff/directing team
-Communications/Sodexo process management
Qualifications & Requirements
Basic Education Requirement - Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
Basic Management Experience - 5 years
Basic Functional Experience - 5 years of work experience in hospitality services including hotel management, conference center services, food services, etc.
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.