Your nutritional know-how can help patients in your community live happier, healthier lives!
Sodexo is seeking an Outpatient Registered Dietitian for UMass Memorial Health, located in Leominster, MA. The selected candidate will provide nutritional counseling to both diabetes patients and the general MNT clientele. Although candidates with their CDCES credential are preferred, individuals who have been logging diabetes contact hours already (to take their certification exam) will be highly considered.
$3,000 SIGN ON BONUS
The successful candidate will:
- Provide MNT counseling to both general and diabetes patients;
- empower clients to achieve life changing goals;
- provide individualized education to clients through evidence-based nutrition care in a variety of specialized areas;
- provide insulin pump and glucose sensor training to patients;
- collaborate with the interdisciplinary team to recommend, implement, and monitor nutrition interventions with overall improvement in clinical outcomes;
- provide professional staff education to ensure the safe management and care of clients and families;
- participate in quality improvement projects within the department; and
- act as a mentor to students and new dietitians.
Is this opportunity right for you? We are looking for candidates who have:
- Registered Dietitian credentials with diabetes counseling experience (CDCES credential preferred but not required upon hire);
- excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to effectively communicate with clients and interdisciplinary team members at all levels;
- the proven ability to effectively engage, motivate and influence others regarding their nutrition; and
- a commitment to continued education in the nutrition field and implementation of new and innovative ideas.
For more information about UMass Health Alliance click here: http://www.umassmemorial.org/healthalliance-hospital
Click here for more information about Sodexo's Benefits.
Not the job for you?
At Sodexo, we offer Dietitian positions in a variety of business segments, including Schools, Universities, Healthcare and Senior Living locations across the United States. Continue your search for Dietitian jobs.
Working for Sodexo:
Sodexo fosters a culture committed to the growth of individuals through continuous learning, mentoring and career growth opportunities. As the largest private employer of dietitians, we have tremendous job opportunities for registered dietitians who are looking to get more out of their career!
Responsible for providing direct comprehensive nutrition services including those for complex needs.
-Directs nutrition care of special needs population to ensure nutrition needs and customer satisfaction levels are met.
-Maintains and develops client relationships and client satisfaction to ensure account retention.
-Manages, promotes, and educates others on food and nutrition programs according to Sodexo standards and policy.
-Collaborates and communicates with culinary and clinical departments on established processes, special diets, and menu requests and probes potential problems and apprises manager of status on resolution of problems or issues, using appropriate Sodexo resource when necessary.
-Ensures compliance with all federal, state and local regulations as well as Sodexo/client policies and procedures (e.g. Health Dept., -HIPAA/Privacy Act, Joint Commission, quality assurance, safety, operations, and personnel) by keep abreast of the most recent nutrition-related trends, research, policy, certifications, and standards of practice.
-Establishes operating standards, implements quality improvements and communicates them to other departments. .
Qualifications & Requirements
Basic Education Requirement - Bachelor's Degree
Basic Functional Experience - 3 years work experience in health care including hospitals, nursing homes, assisted or independent living facilities, long-term care, retirement homes, or clinics + registered dietitian
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.