The Controller is responsible for the accounting operations of Eastern Iowa Health Center and its affiliates/subsidiaries, to include the production of monthly financial reports, maintenance of an adequate system of accounting records, a comprehensive set of controls/budgets designed to mitigate risk, enhance the accuracy of the company's reported financial results, and ensure that reported results comply with generally accepted accounting principles.
- Oversee the operations of the accounting department
- Maintain accounting records in accordance with GAAP
- Ensure outsourced payroll; accounts payable and bank reconciliations are completed in a timely manner
- Maintain the chart of accounts
- Issue timely and complete financial statements.
- Preparation of the financial tables for the annual UDS reporting
- Calculate and issue financial and operating metrics
- Manage the production of the annual budget and forecasts
- Provide financial analyses as needed
- Coordinate the provision of information to external auditors for the annual audit
- Support and/or prepare local, state, and federal government reports
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in accounting or business administration, or equivalent business experience and 10+ years of progressively responsible experience for a healthcare organization
- Preference will be given to candidates with the Certified Public Accountant or Certified Management Accountant designations
- Experience in federal grant accounting and cost reporting a plus
Eastern Iowa Health Center provides competitive compensation and benefit packages, including medical, dental, vision, paid time off (PTO), Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA) and 401(k) retirement savings plan(s).
Click apply now to email your resume today!