Farm Trial Coordinator
The Farm Trial Coordinator position in Oregon is responsible for working outside in a farming environment with varying hours depending on the season. You must be able to lift 50 pounds.
- Breeder/production note taking for Radish flowering trials, production screen cages.
- Coordinating with Cabbage Production Specialist and Breeding Specialist all cabbage/kohlrabi seeding and transplant dates for cages, as well as required note taking of cabbage screen cages during season.
- Developing transplant schedule for all cages and coordinate/assist in planting with Farm Manager and other employees.
- Monitoring planting activities and planting schedules at greenhouse to make sure all lines are planted according to schedule.
- Responsible for nix manipulation of cabbage and kale cages, trimming of parents as requested from breeding or production specialist and entry of information in crop file.
- Responsible for final cage report information and flowering trial information submittal to Holland breeding and Production Manager.
- Perform other duties as assigned by farm manager or production manager.
- College degree in Agriculture, Agronomy, Horticulture, or related Agriculture field is preferred and/or a minimum of 5 years experience in Agriculture Production.
- Pre-employment drug screening and background check as well as a valid Oregon Drivers License with a clean DMV record required.
- Basic computer skills (Microsoft products) Excel, Word, Lotus Notes.
- Data entry of cage or trial information and timely reporting of information to breeding department and Production Specialists.
- Ability to direct seasonal employees and provide clear and open communication.
- Ability to lift 50 pounds and work in field conditions including heat, dust, cold, rain, and wind.
- Ability to work extended hours during season if required.
- International travel to other company locations required.
Health, Dental and Life Insurance, Long Term Disability, Medical & Dependent Care Reimbursement and Pension Plan.
Upload your resume and cover letter to:
You can also click the Apply Button in this posting to be directed there.
You can address your cover letter to Paul Klein, Production Manager of Rijk Zwaan USA Inc.
If you experience trouble with the link, please contact Loretta Brown for assistance at L.email@example.com.