October 7, 2021
Puget Sound Educational Service District seeks a Desktop Technician to manage the imaging, maintenance, troubleshooting and repair of user systems including desktops, laptops, tablets, network peripherals, and related devices. The Desktop Technician maintains primary responsibility for the configuration, operation, maintenance and support of desktop systems and software, provides troubleshooting and support for common ESD software applications, and assists users in identifying compatible technology purchases.
PSESD is one of nine regional educational agencies serving school districts and state approved charter and private schools in Washington. Serving over 39% of Washington’s K-12 public school students, our agency provides critical services designed to ensure that our students are ready to enter school, achieve at high levels in the K-12 system, and succeed in postsecondary endeavors. We are committed to becoming an Antiracist Multicultural Organization driven by equity in education. To learn more about PSESD, visit www.psesd.org/about-psesd.
In support of public health and Proclamation 21-14.1 (COVID Vaccination Requirement), employment with Puget Sound ESD requires proof of COVID-19 vaccination or an approved medical or religious accommodation. For additional information, see the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs). There is no need for applicants to submit supporting documents. Individuals that are offered positions will be informed of the process to submit their documents at the time of offer.
- Community college and/or vocational school degree with study in job-related area (HS Diploma/GED with job related experience can substitute for this requirement)
- A+ Microsoft Desktop Technician, or similar certification
- Experience providing first-level support for workstations and VoIP phones, including PC hardware and software setup, repair, and maintenance
- Experience supporting users and network devices in an enterprise environment
- Experience with mass imaging systems for computer deployment
- Experience with support and management of MacOS devices
Please note, applicants should describe their experience meeting minimum qualifications (and preferred qualifications if applicable) in cover letter and resume as part of the application and salary placement process.
Location: Renton, Washington
Job Type: Full time, Year ‘round
Salary: $56,843 – $65,918 (Salary Band E)
Department: Agency Technology
We attract, retain, and motivate exceptional people with an equitable and competitive compensation package. Salary offers consider candidate qualifications, experience, and internal equity.
We offer comprehensive benefits:
- Medical, dental, and vision
- 24 annual leave days per year
- 12 sick days
- 12 paid holidays
- Participation in Washington State Department of Retirement System
- Tax Sheltered Annuity Plan
- Subsidized ORCA card
- Free parking
- Electric car charging stations (Renton office)
Open until filled; for best consideration, submit complete application by October 21, 2021. Interviews are tentatively scheduled for October 29, 2021 via videoconference.
Jobs are listed here for information only. To apply for a specific open position, you must be a registered applicant in the FastTrack Application System and apply specifically for each position for which you wish to be considered.
PSESD is committed to having a diverse workforce and encourages all candidates meeting the minimum qualifications to apply.
800 Oakesdale Avenue SW Renton, WA 98057