Friday, October 8, 2021
Gannett Co., Inc. (NYSE: GCI) is a subscription-led and digitally focused media and marketing solutions company committed to empowering communities to thrive. With an unmatched reach at the national and local level, Gannett touches the lives of millions with our Pulitzer-Prize winning content, consumer experiences and benefits, and advertiser products and services.
Our current portfolio of media assets includes USA TODAY, local media organizations in 46 states in the U.S., and Newsquest, a wholly owned subsidiary operating in the United Kingdom with more than 120 local news media brands. Gannett also owns the digital marketing services companies ReachLocal, Inc., UpCurve, Inc., and WordStream, Inc., which are marketed under the LOCALiQ brand, and runs the largest media-owned events business in the U.S., USA TODAY NETWORK Ventures.
To connect with us, visitwww.gannett.com
The Port Huron Times Herald seeks an energetic visual journalist to join our team. Must be a quick learner, social media savvy and have a passion for visual storytelling. A qualified candidate should demonstrate high command of techniques in both still photography and videography, sophisticated craftsmanship and a passion for community engagement.
In this role, you will:
- Photograph and edit daily assignments, including but not limited to breaking news, features and sports
- Create photo galleries
- Produce videos and stream live videos for thetimesherald.com and social media platforms, as well as create polished, longer-term video projects
- Use social media to share your work and connect with our audience
- Collaborate with other content creators and producers to enhance the experience for audiences on all platforms
Here's what you need:
- Bachelor's degree in journalism or photography or equivalent
- Exceptional core visual journalism skills (reporting, photography and videography).
- Proficiency using photo and video editing software, including Photoshop, Photo Mechanic, Adobe Premiere or similar video editing software
- Experience with shooting and editing on an iPhone
- Ability to write accurate, detailed captions
- Understanding of social media and how to engage audiences on digital platforms
- Strong communication skills and ability to get along with diverse personalities
- Ability to multi-task and excel under intense deadline pressure, using time efficiently in a 24-hour newsroom
- Skilled at collaborating within a cross-functional environment and at adapting in a rapidly changing industry
This job will includes evening and weekend work.
The Times Herald serves St. Clair and Sanilac counties in Michigans Thumb along the shores of Lake Huron and the St. Clair River. The region is known as the Blue Water Area, home to the Island Loop National Water Trail. Local waterways draw sailors, kayakers and paddle boarders. The area also boasts state and local parks and a growing downtown in Port Huron. The Times Herald is within easy driving distance to metro Detroit.
Gannett Co., Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer committed to building and maintaining a diverse workforce. As such, we will consider all qualified applicants for employment and do not discriminate in connection with employment decisions on the basis of an applicant or employees race, color, national origin, ethnicity, ancestry, citizenship status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, religion, age, marital status, personal appearance (including height and weight), sexual orientation, family responsibilities, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy status (including childbirth, breastfeeding or related medical conditions), education, genetic characteristics or information, political affiliation, military or veteran status or other classifications protected by applicable federal, state and local laws in the jurisdictions where Gannett employs employees.
In addition, Gannett Co., Inc. will provide applicants who require a reasonable accommodation, as a result of an applicants disability or religion, to complete this employment application and/or any other process in connection with an individuals application for employment with Gannett Co., Inc. Applicants who require such accommodation should contact Gannett Co., Inc.s Recruitment Department at Recruit@gannett.com.
Photography & Video