Associate Manager of Color Marketing & Development
The Associate Manager of Color Marketing & Development is an essential player in the development of color collateral and professional tools, but also has a focus on color trend research and the technical side of color. As a key contributor to the analysis of how color is used across industries, this position will do much to inform on future color palette development and means to promote Benjamin Moore’s position as a color leader. Combining strong creativity and technical skills are essential to this role, as the position will take the lead on many digital and color technology-focused projects, in addition to targeted color initiatives.
- Manage the development of color-focused collateral and tools across print and digital platforms to address the various needs of all customers, while providing a consistent experience that simplifies the color selection process.
- Analyze customer color needs while acting as a liaison between Digital, Product/Brand Development, Color Technology and Retail to address the multiple touchpoints in the color selection process.
- Conceptualize and play a role in the development of customer-centric apps and digital tools that will facilitate the color selection process.
- Advise on color-focused digital content for Benjaminmoore.com to maintain a consistent brand voice and aesthetics.
- Act as a primary curator of color-focused content and messaging for use on our social channels.
- Engage in research and tracking of global market data and industry influencers to identify new trends and innovation in color and design.
- Compile analytics from company data to measure color-related information.
- Manage competitive research to report on current industry trends to support the development of programs and tools that will address end-user needs.
- Compile assets and support the development of live and online presentations.
- Contributes to the development of assets from video to photography that support the annual Color of the Year campaign activation.
- Support the communication of the company color vision clearly, confidently and strategically to all segments of the company through various internal and external presentations that demonstrate Benjamin Moore’s position as a leader in color.
Required Knowledge & Desired Skills
- A bachelor’s degree in an art/design-related field from an accredited program is preferable
- 3 - 5 years of experience in a creative field including architecture, design, interior design, retail, textiles or fashion
- Knowledge and understanding of color theory and the ability to work with color-focused software
- Experience in color trend research, forecasting, and analytical skills to decipher commonalities between influences spanning various industries
- Excellent writing and editing skills, in addition to communication and presentation experience
- Eager to support day to day business and is able to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to manage projects effectively across company groups and external resources while managing time, scope and budget constraints
- Strong ability in PowerPoint/Keynote, Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign, and video development software
The color of pride: Benjamin Moore is proud to be a part of Berkshire Hathaway, which was recognized by Fortune magazine as the world's fourth most admired company. And for more than 130 years we've been a respected leader in the architectural coatings and home décor landscape; creating the products and tools that enrich and beautify thousands of communities each day. We recognize that our associates are the driving force behind our success and we strive to provide a work environment where hard work, creativity and purposeful collaboration are fostered and encouraged.
Join a company where innovation is constantly recognized as we look for individuals who produce world-class products, best-in-class services and customer experiences, design pioneering paints using the latest technologies and deliver unparalleled value and brand experiences for our customers and retail network.
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
At Benjamin Moore, we believe diversity of culture, talent, and varying perspectives is key to a collaborative, innovative, and successful business. We are committed to driving change within our organization through purposeful Diversity, Equity & Inclusion (DE&I) efforts, while also focusing on our customers and communities in which we serve. Our DE&I efforts allow each of us to authentically live our corporate values of Openness, Integrity, Community, Excellence and Safety. Our Social Impact programming of strategic local and national partnerships, in-kind donations, volunteerism, and more expands our ability to make a difference in the lives of all of our stakeholders. We hope you will join us and become an advocate for diversity and inclusion here at Benjamin Moore.
At Benjamin Moore, our people are the heart of the company and our number one asset. We are committed to providing safe working conditions at all of our locations and have invested heavily in measures aimed at keeping employees healthy during the COVID-19 pandemic. With safety as one of our core company values, we’ve modified facilities and work schedules to support social distancing, established enhanced cleaning and sanitization protocols, and regularly provide personal protective equipment to all employees—including masks, gloves and hand sanitizer. Ensuring the well-being of our team members is a top priority.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer F/M/D/V