Location: Milwaukee - Wisconsin
The Remote Support Engineer will work with customers to resolve their
application and product issues, which will allow the customer to maintain or
improve their automation system. The engineer will join our Information Software team where you will have the opportunity to work with leading FactoryTalk OperationSuite software designed to deliver contextual, role-based information enabling decision-making to improve systems or processes across plant operation. The engineer will create and publish knowledgebase articles, blogs, or videos for reference by customers and Rockwell Automation employees.
This position requires self-initiative, ownership, excellent soft skills, motivation to provide exceptional customer service from inception to
resolution for each issue, commercial sensitivity, responsiveness, collaboration, complex troubleshooting, technical engineering expertise and business acumen.
The engineer's primary responsibility is to provide technical support for the
FactoryTalk OperationSuite of products with a concentration on FactoryTalk View Site Edition and ThinManager. The engineer will provide support services to internal and external customers including end-user Operators, OEMs, Developers, System Administrators, Field Consultants, and Engineers. In the majority of cases, this support will be provided via telephone. Support via email, or technical notes will also be required. The engineer may be asked to cover a shift after hours and occasionally carry a weekend support phone to provide support for 24x7 customers.
- Bachelor's Degree in Electrical or Computer Engineering, Computer Science,
- Information Systems (other degrees considered based on relevance to role) OR equivalent experience.
Legal authorization to work in the US is required. We will not sponsor
individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening.
- Understanding of Rockwell Automation's FactoryTalk OperationSuite Software products including but not limited to FactoryTalk View Site Edition, FactoryTalk View Machine Edition, FactoryTalk ViewPoint, RSView32 and Thin Manager.
- 5+ years' experience troubleshooting, implementing, and or design of industrial process and/ or automation systems. Knowledge of PLCs, Ethernet networking, domain administration, historians, SQL and Human Machine Interface systems.
- Experience installing, configuring and administering Microsoft Windows Server, Microsoft SQL Server, Web-based applications, Relational Databases, and Open-Source Projects
Be able to work effectively and proficiently with the following:
- Internet Information Services (IIS)
- Distributed Component Object Model (DCOM)
- Familiarization with various Microsoft Technologies
- SQL, SSRS, Office
- Industrial Automation and Control Systems (IACS) networks
- Remote Desktop Services (RDS)
- In addition, this position requires strong verbal and written communication skills, the ability to communicate and work with a variety of people not under direct control in a fast-paced team environment.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively, build relationships and interact with peers to ensure assigned tasks are prioritized appropriately
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer including disability and veterans.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need assistance or a reasonable accommodation during the application process, please contact our services team at +1 (see application details).