Location: Portland - Oregon
- Demonstrates a knowledge in process controls including understanding of the process, ability to optimize the parameters and optimize the measurable outcomes while minimizing risks of hazards.
- Demonstrates proficient knowledge of P&IDs and instrumentation/control equipment in an industrial environment.
- Demonstrates, optimizes and instructs a knowledge of the control methods, analog and discrete and the critical components to developing sustainable control algorithms.
- Experience in implementing control methodology in DCS, PLC or HMI platforms with an understanding of various programming languages. Able to easily adapt to a new platform with development support.
- Ability to optimize design and implement knowledge of control system architecture including hardware, software, instrumentation and networking equipment.
- Understanding of analog advanced control and batch control and ability to lead implementation
- Demonstrates abilities in loop checking, startup, troubleshooting and commissioning support in an industrial environment.
- Ability to understand control philosophy and write functional requirement specifications based on expected functionality including description of control loops, interlocks and alarms.
- Demonstrates knowledge of 120 VAC control circuits inside electric motor starters and able to read motor schematics and electrical one line diagrams.
- Demonstrates knowledge of Cause and Effect Charts and Functional Specifications used to develop software for process automation control system logic (as needed for position and industry).
- Demonstrates a proactive commitment to safety by taking the time to understand risks and completing all required safety training.
- Complies with safety requirements by following all safety procedures and by reporting/documenting safety incidences and near misses.
- Provides verbal and written reports to communicate project status as required and contribute to project review meetings.
- Visits internal/external panel manufacturing facilities to assess progress, provide technical assistance and for final inspection and sign off.
- Demonstrates personal accountability to learning and development of oneself as well as assisting with development of new employees and peers.
- Willingly accepts coaching and mentoring from more experienced resources and provides the same when working with entry level resources.
- Promotes teamwork by participating as a team player while also demonstrating effective communication skills with the team, management and the customer.
- Proactively works to build good relationships with peers, leaders and customers while also demonstrating the ability to meet customer expectations.
- Seeks out new responsibilities and stretch opportunities while demonstrating creativity in identifying better means of accomplishing a job.
- Displays ambition for learning new processes, platforms or other new offerings at MAVERICK.
- Displays leadership abilities including honesty, integrity and professionalism across all aspects of the business.
- Demonstrates a willing, can-do attitude by actively participating in teams.
- Exhibits proficiency and personal accountability for project performance and meeting customer needs.
- Demonstrates a business acumen that allows for effective utilization of tools and standards to ensure project deliverables are met.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Engineering
- Rockwell Automation will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. No sponsorship is being offered with this role.
- Typically requires a minimum of 5 years of related experience.
- Master's Degree in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or Chemical Engineering.
- Preference for engineers with Rockwell, Cimplicity platform experience
- Experience in the Semiconductor industry will be plus.
- Travel up to 50%
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer including disability and veterans.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need assistance or a reasonable accommodation during the application process, please contact our services team at +1 (see application details).