Do you have a passion for helping others? Join a great team where students are at the heart of everything we do!
This account is part of the SodexoMAGIC portfolio of business.
Use your passion for service to create a positive impact and make a difference in the communities we serve! SodexoMAGIC is a joint Sodexo/ Magic Johnson venture and we are thrilled to be celebrating our 10-year anniversary together this year! SodexoMAGIC promises to empower the communities we serve by offering best-in-class food & facilities management solutions, which create a positive impact and make a difference in the lives of our clients and customers. SodexoMAGIC offers our dedicated service via the following Sodexo segments: Corporate Services, Hospitals, K-12 Schools, Universities
Sodexo is seeking a Food Service Manager 3 for the Greater Washington D.C. area. This position will support up to 13 schools in the Capital Hill area, serving over 8,000 meals per day. The selected candidate will work with our food service director to implement and maintain Sodexo programs/systems/procedures. He or she will supervise day-to-day food service operations and food production. Working for Sodexo as the Food Service Manager will provide you with the opportunity to contribute your skills to a company that strives to enhance the learning environment for students. Sodexo offers clear career paths, growth and advancement opportunities, professional resources and training. This is a full-time position working Monday - Friday, no weekends or holidays. It is a great position for someone looking for better work-life balance while having the opportunity to grow their career.
The successful candidate will:
- have oversight of day-to-day operations;
- deliver high quality food service;
- provide employee training and development;
- develop and maintain client and customer relationships;
- have the ability and willingness to motivate, coach, mentor and develop frontline (hourly paid staff);
- oversee ordering and inventory controls;
- assist with catering functions;
- equipment purchasing; and
- ensure Sodexo and National School Lunch (NSLP)/USDA standards are met.
Is this opportunity right for you? We are looking for candidates who:
- have a work history demonstrating strong employee engagement leadership skills, as well as previous supervisory experience and the ability to work collaboratively;
- previous experience in a K-12 environment is preferred;
- have culinary production experience and a strong background in safety and sanitation compliance;
- can manage multiple priorities, demonstrate professional communication skills, and a passion for a high level of customer service;
- prioritize tasks and exhibit flexibility to take on additional responsibilities as needed.
Learn more about Sodexo's Benefits
Not the job for you?
We offer Food Service Management positions in a variety of business segments, including Corporate, Schools, Universities, Government and Agencies, Health Care, Senior Living and Sports and Leisure locations across the United States. Continue your search for Food Service Management jobs.
The SodexoMAGIC partnership represents the union of two global brands that operate at peak performance. Sodexo, a long-standing leader in "quality of life solutions" around the globe, and Magic Johnson Enterprises, the brainchild of NBA all-star Earvin Magic Johnson, who literally took the game to new heights. To learn more about SodexoMAGIC and read a message from Earvin "Magic" Johnson himself click here.