Monday, October 11, 2021
Gannett Co., Inc. (NYSE: GCI) is a subscription-led and digitally focused media and marketing solutions company committed to empowering communities to thrive. With an unmatched reach at the national and local level, Gannett touches the lives of millions with our Pulitzer-Prize winning content, consumer experiences and benefits, and advertiser products and services.
Our current portfolio of media assets includes USA TODAY, local media organizations in 46 states in the U.S., and Newsquest, a wholly owned subsidiary operating in the United Kingdom with more than 120 local news media brands. Gannett also owns the digital marketing services companies ReachLocal, Inc., UpCurve, Inc., and WordStream, Inc., which are marketed under the LOCALiQ brand, and runs the largest media-owned events business in the U.S., USA TODAY NETWORK Ventures.
To connect with us, visitwww.gannett.com
Jump on breaking news in paradise. A member of a six-person team covering Southwest Florida as part of the USA Today network means you are in the heat of battle, covering the daily oddities and hard-hitting news that make up this vibrant community that ranks high in happiness and sunshine. Youll also do deep dives for police, sheriff and fire and follow suspects through their court cases. A successful team member will cover breaking news with urgency across digital and traditional platforms, using social media and photos and video from scenes. Based in Fort Myers, the ideal candidate should know how to write for digital and traditional audiences, work well with a team on projects and think quick on your feet.
- Create storytelling that accurately informs, entertains and engages specific audiences and platforms through the use of metrics.
- This reporter will cultivate relationships with city, county and state law enforcement and fire officials,
- Monitor real-time news and sniff out the most important and fascinating stories important to our audiences and pursue enterprise/investigative work to uncover stories that no one else is reporting.
- Demonstrate fast news judgment on an ongoing basis.
- Work with editors on ongoing and day-of coverage, and with other reporters and interns on maintaining consistent news coverage of stories.
- Report quickly, clearly and accurately and deliver news, via stories, video, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram or any other methods available to reach our audience.
- Writes and/or produces multimedia content that appeals to key audience targets
- Bachelor's in communications, journalism or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Adept at taking photos and video and will file quickly across platforms: mobile, desktop and social media.
- Strong command of AP grammar and style.
- Excels in a fast-paced news environment and understands the digital first mission.
- Collaborates well with others and can work with a team on the biggest stories.
- A valid drivers license, reliable transportation, and the minimum liability insurance required by state law.
We are eager to learn more about you and how you fit this role. When you apply, dont limit your upload to a resume; show us what youve done. Put together a single document file that includes the following, in this order:
- Your resume one to two pages.
- A cover letter that outlines how you would approach the job.
- Links to 3-6 online samples of your work. Show us what youve produced or had a hand in that best reflects what you can do in your desired role.
It is important that these items be assembled into a single document and uploaded in PDF format. Completing these steps will ensure that your application receives the highest consideration.
Gannett Co., Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer committed to building and maintaining a diverse workforce. As such, we will consider all qualified applicants for employment and do not discriminate in connection with employment decisions on the basis of an applicant or employees race, color, national origin, ethnicity, ancestry, citizenship status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, religion, age, marital status, personal appearance (including height and weight), sexual orientation, family responsibilities, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy status (including childbirth, breastfeeding or related medical conditions), education, genetic characteristics or information, political affiliation, military or veteran status or other classifications protected by applicable federal, state and local laws in the jurisdictions where Gannett employs employees.
In addition, Gannett Co., Inc. will provide applicants who require a reasonable accommodation, as a result of an applicants disability or religion, to complete this employment application and/or any other process in connection with an individuals application for employment with Gannett Co., Inc. Applicants who require such accommodation should contact Gannett Co., Inc.s Recruitment Department at Recruit@gannett.com.