Join a great team where students are at the heart of everything we do. Sodexo at the Paul Smiths College is seeking an Executive Chef 2 in Paul Smiths NY. Enjoy holidays and Campus Breaks Off! RELOCATION is available for candidates who live more than 90 miles from the unit (in the contiguous U.S.)! This exciting role, will manage menu planning, ordering, inventory, follow recipe adherence to maintain culinary standards and manage food safety. The ability to flex throughout the day between hands on cooking and managing technology will be important to success in this role.
Mentoring frontline team member's sense of ownership in the business and developing their skills to create a talent pipleline will be a primary responsibility for this leader..Our successful leader will implement sustainability practices and work with students on special diets. Two years Executive Chef level management experience required..
The successful candidate will:
- Be responsible for purchasing, menu compliance, inventory, food cost analysis and food production forecasting
- Ensure Sodexo Culinary standards including recipe compliance and food quality are implemented
- Have the ability and willingness to develop and motivate team members to embrace culinary innovations
- Ensure food safety, sanitation and workplace safety standard compliance
- Have working knowledge of automated food inventory, ordering, production and management systems
Is this opportunity right for you? We are looking for candidates who have:
- A strong culinary background, with the demonstrated ability to stay current with new culinary trends
- Excellent leadership and communication skills with the ability to maintain the highest of culinary standards
- Strong coaching and employee development skills
- Have a passion for food and innovation
Click here to learn more about Paul Smiths College
Click here to learn more about Sodexo's Benefits
Not the job for you?
At Sodexo, we offer Culinary positions in a variety of business segments, including Corporate, Schools, Universities, Government and Agencies, Health Care, Senior Living and Sports and Leisure locations across the United States. Continue your search for Culinary jobs.
Working for Sodexo:
At Sodexo, you will find the ingredients for a great culinary career. With benefits including schedules that encourage work-life balance, reimbursement of association dues and continuing education opportunities, you'll enjoy an improved quality of life that's unique in the hospitality industry.