Sodexo Corporate Services is seeking a Sr. Manager, Audio Visual to join our team at Fannie Mae in Reston VA!
Sr. Manager, Audio Visual
The Audio-Visual Services department oversees all levels of audio-visual services at client facilities which encompasses a full-service Conference Center, as well as individual meeting and conference room spaces throughout the facility. This team member is responsible for the successful daily operations of a large enterprise audio-visual system and related services. The position oversees the planning, set up and testing phases prior to events; ensures that the highest levels of customer service are met during the execution of events; and ensures that all technical issues are reported to the Director daily. The position is responsible for achieving both employee and customer satisfaction goals. The position works with the Director in managing the audio-visual staff including recruitment, hiring, training, development, and ongoing individual performance management.
Key Duties -
- Oversee the audio-visual service to all events, ensuring user satisfaction to encourage repeat business and customer loyalty.
- Oversees all administrative processes associated with the planning and service phases, as well as all internal and human resource processes.
- Assist Director with scheduling and payroll for Audio-Visual team.
- Manages daily hire labor and rental equipment.
- Delegate work assignments to Audio-Visual team.
- Responsible for creating and updating SOP as needed.
- Develops staff training, cross training & mentoring programs.
- Ensures that all audio-visual storage areas are clean and maintained, and that all equipment is safely stored and secured when not in use.
- Coordinates with Sr. Production manager to make sure all of client deliverables such as Annual Inventory are met.
- Contributes to regular and effective communication between the Event and Audio-Visual Services staff and other managers in determining best practices and setting standards.
- Contributes to regular planning and discussion of upcoming events and identifies potential challenges and methods to overcome those challenges prior to the event.
- Acts as a Senior Technician to lead event setup and operation of client events.
- Utilizes Crestron Fusion and ServiceNow to identify and remedy audio-visual equipment issues.
- Assists with the implementation of all corporate initiatives and promotions as they pertain to audio-visual services.
- Continuously develops department to align with the latest trends/innovation in the industry.
- Communicates and supports all facility safety and emergency procedures.
- Promotes and supports workplace diversity and inclusion initiatives.
Knowledge and Skills -
- Extensive knowledge of industry-standard audio-visual technology in a corporate conference center environment - including but not limited to: Cisco SX80 codec, Microsoft Teams and WebEx video conferencing applications, Qumu encoder, Allen + Heath digital audio mixing consoles, DMX and WDMX lighting, Shure and Dante digital audio, Crestron routing systems, Sony and Vaddio PTZ cameras, Analog Way Ascender multi-output switcher, TriCaster TC1 & TC2.
- Ability to adjust, align, troubleshoot, and repair audio-visual systems to the unit level (board/component level not required)
- Strong customer service and relationship management skills. Utilizes interpersonal and communication skills to lead, influence, and encourage others; advocates sound financial/business decision making; demonstrates honesty/integrity; leads by example.
- Strong motivation to maintain knowledge and stay apprised of latest trends and best practices in the AV industry.
- AVIXA CTS Certification is a plus.
This position offers a traditional Business and Industry, Monday through Friday schedule. Accrue 3 weeks of paid vacation per year (first year pro-rated based on date of hire). Medical Benefits beginning date of hire, and 401K with company match eligible.
Reporting to the Conference Center General Manger, the Senior Manager, Audio Visual & Technical Services oversees all levels of audiovisual and technology service and support for a full-service large Conference Center, generally with multiple sites. The position is responsible for the successful operation of all audiovisual systems, including video and audio telecommunications and broadcasts; oversees the planning, set up and testing prior to meetings and events. It ensures the highest levels of customer service are provided during the execution of events. Manages the maintenance of all audiovisual systems, including system troubleshooting, problem solving and interfacing with support technology. Supervises technical staff, both Sodexo and contracted staff.
Lead technology expert for all Audio Visual and computer integrated systems
Purchase/recommend for purchase, maintain train on proper use of A/V and computer equipment.
Oversee the use and integration of systems as required
Subject matter expert on all things technology driven
Broader technical expertise
Qualifications & Requirements
Basic Education Requirement - Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
Basic Management Experience - 3 years
Basic Functional Experience - 3 years of work experience in audio visual or technical support or related field
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.