We are looking for a Certified Medical Assistant to join our team at 11th Avenue Medical Center, a Yakima Valley Farm Workers Clinic!
YVFWC is committed to delivering the highest quality of care. Here you will find health care professionals with sincere interest in our patients and the communities we represent. At YVFWC, we strive to make a difference in the health of the communities we serve.
What we offer:
- Rewarding work with competitive pay.
- Up to $3K hiring Bonus!
- Pay differential for qualifying shifts.
- Bilingual differential.
- 100% employer-paid health insurance for employees including Medical, Dental, Vision, Rx, 24/7 telemedicine; profit sharing, 403(b) retirement plan, generous paid time off, paid holidays, uniform allowance, and more.
What you’ll do as a Certified Medical Assistant:
- Work in cooperation with a team of skilled physicians, nurses, and other healthcare professionals to deliver comprehensive continuity of care to a highly diverse patient population.
- Maintain examination and treatment areas, including stocking, verifying good working order of equipment, removing expired supplies, and cleaning room after every patient visit.
- Administer medications within scope of certification.
- Prepare patients and assist with routine and specialty examinations, procedures, treatments, and minor office surgeries, following sterile procedures maintaining meticulous sterile technique.
- Obtain specimens for microbiological testing, instructing patients in proper technique to collect specimens.
- Maintain detailed and accurate documentation in the clinic record.
- Seek to anticipate providers’ needs and assist as requested, and notify RN if more technical care is needed.
- Find teachable moments during routine care, delivering direct patient teaching and coaching.
- Incorporate high standards of infection control into all tasks.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Graduation from a medical assistant training program.
- Current MA-C credential issued by Washington State Department of Health or if in Pending status, Medical Assistant – Registered application must be submitted within 7 days of hire.
- CPR certification within 3 months of hire.
- Bilingual English/Spanish required with demonstrated ability to communicate at level 10 on the ALTA language proficiency scale.
Working at YVFWC
Working in our organization means being the passionate champion for those who have no voice. It means having the opportunity to work with underserved populations and with peers committed to the same work.
Applicants for all positions will be required to provide proof that they are fully vaccinated against COVID 19 during the hiring process. Valid medical or religious exemptions will be considered, but serial COVID testing will be required to maintain employment.
Our mission celebrates diversity. We are committed to equal opportunity employment.