Monday, October 11, 2021
Inc. (NYSE: GCI) is a subscription-led and digitally focused media and
marketing solutions company committed to empowering communities to thrive. With
an unmatched reach at the national and local level, Gannett touches the lives
of millions with our Pulitzer-Prize winning content, consumer experiences and
benefits, and advertiser products and services.
Our current portfolio of media
assets includes USA TODAY, local media organizations in 46 states in the U.S.,
and Newsquest, a wholly owned subsidiary operating in the United Kingdom with
more than 120 local news media brands. Gannett also owns the digital marketing
services companies ReachLocal, Inc., UpCurve, Inc., and WordStream, Inc., which
are marketed under the LOCALiQ brand, and runs the largest media-owned events
business in the U.S., USA TODAY NETWORK Ventures.
To connect with us, visit www.gannett.com.
Pre-Press Technician I
Gannett Publishing Services
- General printing experience with a good understanding of offset (web) printing terminologies and structure
- Extensive experience with both Mac and PC platforms
- Extensive knowledge in standard layout applications such as InDesign, Photoshop and Acrobat
- Understanding of printing color processes (RGB vs CMYK)
- Extensive knowledge with FTP transfer processes including FTP client usage.
- Willingness to work a flexible schedule. Shift would be Monday - Friday with varying shift start/end times 9a 6p, 10a 7p or 12p 9p. Some nightside/weekend coverage will be necessary on occasion due to vacation. The hours for night/weekend coverage would be 5p 1a.
- Ability to work in stressful and/or challenging situations while keeping job priorities properly organized.
- Ability to interact daily with clientele (mostly phone / e-mail with limited face-to-face interactions) and have impeccable customer service standards.
The following skills are helpful:
- General IT skills (troubleshooting general computer and database-related issues)
- Microsoft Office experience
- Photo Toning experience
- Experience with Direct-to-Plate output and processing.
Gannett Co., Inc.is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We will consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, education, political affiliation, or veteran status.