In this position you will work 24 hours on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and be paid for 36 hours and be eligible for benefits as a full time employee
Contributes to the provision of high-quality, cost-effective healthcare as a provider of direct and indirect patient care and by effectively collaborating with other members of the health care team. The LPN contributes to the nursing process in a team relationship with the Registered Nurse.
Essential Job Duties:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
- Provides direct care to patients and families in a culturally, developmentally, and appropriate manner.
- Consistently and thoroughly assesses patients to collect data and identify learning needs according to established standards and policies.
- Collaborates with the health care team in developing and individualizing a plan of care for each patient in accordance with established standards, appropriate prioritization of problems/needs, and mutually agreed upon goals.
- Efficiently implements the patient's plan of care in accordance with applicable standards, policies, procedures, and guidelines. Demonstrates proficiency in medication administration, pain management, and other unit or initiative-specific skills.
- Organizes and reprioritizes patient care activities based on patient and/or environmental changes. Acts as a patient 1:1 sitter as needed.
- Continuously evaluates the effectiveness of the plan(s) of care, making recommendations for revision to the health care team based on analysis of patient responses to interventions.
- Consistently communicates changes in patient status to the appropriate members of the health care team.
- Participates in QI, CPI, and risk management activities at the unit, department, or organizational level.
- Participates in unit shared governance according to departmental standards.
- Participates in the education and orientation of new staff; evaluates delegated activities for expected patient care outcomes.
- Successful completion of the LPN IV Medication Course and the NLM Medication Exam.
- HS diploma/equivalent
Preferred Educational/Experience Requirements
- Current enrollment in LPN to BSN Bridge Program
- Two years Nursing Rehab and/or Skilled Nursing experience
- Long Term Acute Care Hospital experience (LTACH)
- Adherence to credentialing requirements of DCMC as stated in the nursing bylaws.
- Current licensure as a practical nurse by the Maryland Board of Nursing.
- American Heart Association Healthcare Providers BLS.
- NRP (Nurse Residency Program) is preferred within 1 year of employment at LHDCMC
Working Conditions, Equipment, Physical Demands:
There is a reasonable expectation that employees in this position will be exposed to blood-borne pathogens.
Medium work. Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 30 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
The physical demands and work environment that have been described are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act.
The above job description is an overview of the functions and requirements for this position. This document is not intended to be an exhaustive list encompassing every duty and requirement of this position; your supervisor may assign other duties as deemed necessary.