Hospital Communication Operators are responsible for all communications for Luminis Health and insure the smooth flow of internal and external telecommunication services for patients, providers and the community. Telecommunication services incorporates telephone services, paging services, misecure message, answering service applications, voice mail applications, emergency code account, monitoring of emergency alarm systems, and foreign language assistance.
Essential Job Duties:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Provides essential answering services for Luminis Health and non-Luminis Health Provider Offices, collecting and recording essential information and ensuring that the information is transmitted to the appropriate person; searching for undelivered messages, notifying answering service clients who may not have received them in a timely manner.
- Answer all calls within three rings. Prioritizes calls, takes messages or page as appropriate; relays calls by making telephone connections; records information; transmits information to clients and staff as needed; Operating all feature/functions of the operator console to efficiently answer the incoming calls and process as appropriate.
- Utilizes the mass communication system to send out text blasts and alerts from administrative and clinical leaders; answers the code phones, sending out overhead alerts/text blasts for codes, notifying the fire department or other municipality as directed.
- Utilizes Epic (or other databases) to appropriately access patient information to direct calls; provides routine and accurate information to the public in a helpful manner.
- Receives and processes requests for Ethic Consults and promptly relays the information to the person on call; posting "on call" schedules to the answering service accounts.
Required Minimum Education. The minimum level of education for this position includes:
High School Diploma or equivalent required.
Required Minimum Experience:
Previous Infinity System or Call Manager knowledge/experience preferred.
Experience as a customer service representative preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
The operator must have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Familiarity with keyboard and computer; must type 35 wpm.
The operator must demonstrate good judgement and decision-making skills
The operator must be a team player
The staff maintains confidentiality on all matters relating to Luminis Health personnel, providers, patients according to policy.
Working Conditions, Equipment, Physical Demands:
Ability to rotate the day/evening and overnight shifts as scheduled. Weekends and holidays are required.
Has the ability to work independently and organize work priorities.
Has the ability to work in close quarters for long periods
Routinely lifts objects less than 20 pounds.
There is reasonable expectation that employees in this position will not be exposed to blood-borne pathogens.
The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements.