To perform and maintain floor care assignments to ensure the hospital maintains a clean safe, orderly, sanitary environment and an attractive appearance. The Floor Care Specialist will oversee evening/night team members trained to perform floor care assignments in DC H, MOB, and POB Monday through Friday with weekends as needed
Essential Job Duties:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
1. Act as single source of accountability for assigned floor care projects in DC H, MOB, and POB.
2. Attend all safety meeting.
3. Complete and pass all floor care associated training.
4. Complete and return all necessary paperwork in a timely manner.
5. Conduct formal training on proper floor care technique for new hires and current staff selected for
6. Ensure customer satisfaction has been met or exceeded.
7. Ensure the safety policies, standards of conduct and best practices are adhered to by all EVS staff
performing floor care work under her/his instruction.
8. Maintain equipment used in assigned projects.
9. Observes all departmental/hospital regulations.
10. Report daily on projects status by voice mail or shift report on a nightly basis.
11. Will assist EVS supervisor with cleaning discharge rooms as needed; must bring all available
housekeepers performing floor care work as well.
- High School graduate or equivalent.
- Previous experience in operating floor machines preferred.
- Previous training and/or experience desired
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Ability to follow verbal and written instructions.
- Ability to work cooperatively with all types of personalities inside and outside the organization.
- Ability to work independently.
- Flexibility to work occasionally outside of scheduled work hours and take on projects at short notice.
- Remembers schedules, tasks to be completed, where activities left off, etc.
Working Conditions, Equipment, Physical Demands:
There is a reasonable expectation that employees in this position will be exposed to blood-borne pathogens.
Physical Demands - Very heavy work: Exerting in excess of 100 pounds of force occasionally, and/or in excess of 50 pounds of force frequently, and/or in excess of 20 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
The physical demands and work environment that have been described are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act.
The above job description is an overview of the functions and requirements for this position. This document is not intended to be an exhaustive list encompassing every duty and requirement of this position; your supervisor may assign other duties as deemed necessary.