Location: Milwaukee - Wisconsin
Do you have a bias for action? Do you like to implement technology solutions and solve complicated problems that have material impact on organizations? Would you like to drive Digital Transformation across commercial products and services with the largest company in the world dedicated to Industrial Automation? If your answer is yes, then Rockwell Automation wants you to join its Information Technology organization and help shape the future of our company.
The Data Analyst, Finance partners with Finance Business stakeholders to understand and requirements. Apply use of technology, example Power BI, modelling tools to build working prototypes with the help of technical teams to confirm user expectations. Direct Data engineers on implementation tasks. Analyze, participate, and provide suggestions in any production support issues with Data/Analytics Engineers in problem resolution. Works with Data Governance for data definitions and metadata approvals for the proposed solutions. Is always striving hard to improve the stability and quality of solutions, to increase Customer adoption, loyalty and reduce support. This role is also a key change management driver for successful adoption of Customer Literacy and Data Governance practices within their assigned domain.
What you will do:
- Partner closely with Finance Enterprise Architect, Technical Leader to lead Program Increment sessions with Business stakeholders to identify 3-6-month priorities. Ensures that plan aligns with long term strategic goals for Finance Capability
- Understand business value to help prioritize/optimize execution based on team capacity
- Coordinates the Scrum Master/Project Manager and project resources to ensure that projects are delivered on time and within budget.
- Helps map out team-to-team dependencies and collaborates with capability teams accordingly
- Improves systems and processes by studying current practices, designing modifications in partnership with stakeholders
- Partners closely with Data Governance team to update metadata and data literacy content
- Works with Data and Analytics Engineers to provide Level 3 support for Capability team.
- Apply Proof of Concepts or application validations where necessary
- Has good understanding of application of Analytics & Insights to solve business outcomes.
- Provides consultation to our business or enterprise shared services teams
- Hands on, innovative and out of box thinker - helping to provide robust solutions in a timely manner.
- Is always striving to improve the Azure Analytics stack, methodologies, processes to drive decision intelligence within Rockwell Automation
- This position can be performed from any remote US location
- The base salary compensation range for this role in Colorado is $108,080-$135,100 USD Annual with an annual target bonus of 8% of base salary.
- This position is part of a job family. Experience will be the determining factor.
- Bachelor's Degree in computer science, software engineering, management information systems, or related field
- 3 to 5 years of experience in a data analyst role or equivalent
- 1 to 3 years of experience supporting Finance operations team
- Understanding of SAP transactional systems such as ECC, CRM, Hybris is desirable
- Well versed in Analytics & Insights methodologies and tools - example: ADF, ADLS G2, Azure SQL DW, AAS, Power BI, Python, Data exploration & mining tools
- Strong understanding of basic system engineering, object-oriented design, information risk and security guidelines and architecture standards
- Understanding of the Finance processes such as General Ledger, Cost Center Accounting, Profitability Analysis etc.,
- Knowledge of Planning applications such as Hyperion, Enterprise Planning Management is an added advantage
- Knowledge in software design, documentation, development process and software requirements
- Ability to understand business functionality and translate it into application requirements
- Must exhibit excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to create compelling business cases with accurate cost and effort estimations
- Understanding of the various software development lifecycles (e.g. Agile, Waterfall, etc.)
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer including disability and veterans.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need assistance or a reasonable accommodation during the application process, please contact our services team at +1 (see application details).