Location: Chicago - Illinois
Location: Milwaukee - Wisconsin
Are you interested in shaping a highly effective agile organization? Are you excited about the opportunity to influence and lead other skilled technical contributors? Are you passionate about fostering vital connections and developing a team who will help to make our company, partners and customers more productive and profitable? If your answer is yes to any of these questions, this is your opportunity to join an innovative and dynamic team. As a member of the Rockwell Automation IT organization, you will join our transformation journey as we seek to improve and push boundaries.
In partnership with technical subject matter experts, lead the team accountable for the design the overall technological architecture of the product
The Technical Leader (TL) supports the architectural designs and drives execution of goals for their team. The TL values simplicity, diversity of thought and is unafraid to challenge constraints and standard procedures to achieve the desired Agile design in partnership with additional subject matter experts. The TL is accountable for managing all team members in an effort to create a modular, scalable solution that addresses/incorporates future architectural changes and designs. The TL will drive the teams engineering practices in test driven development, continuous integration, and automated deployment. The TL is a hands-on people manager who actively coaches their team to solve complex problems and removes roadblocks for the team to be successful.
In this role you will:
Guide project teams on technology strategy related to coding practices, continuous integration and automated deployment
Be responsible for the technical design of the product
Mentor and coach the technical team, specifically with code reviews
Be a hands-on, working leader who engages in coding to help the team to develop his solution and solve all surfacing problems at hand Identifies and removes technical impediments
Work with Business Product Owner(s) to align the roadmap with strengths and opportunities within the technical stack
Be a thought partner with the Product owner(s) in story creation and acceptance criteria, and communicate tradeoffs effectively with Designers
Constantly look for better ways of solving technical problems and designing the solution, not afraid of challenging the status quo
Provide the team a roadmap for implementing software engineering practices for higher code quality
Share responsibility with Product Owner(s) for building reusable and scalable components.
- Bachelor's Degree
- Legal authorization to work in the US is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening.
- Bachelor or Masters in CS, MIS, Software Engineering, or equivalent engineering/technical degree
- Typically requires a minimum of 8 years IT leadership experience
- SAP and ERP experience required
- Seen as an expert within the technical components of the domains/products/journeys
- Seasoned developer or technical leader with deep insight into newest technologies and trends and nice to have experience with functional programming
- Monitor performance of information technology systems to determine cost and productivity levels
- Evaluate proposed IT projects to assess adequacy of existing hardware and recommend purchase of equipment
- Develop budget and monitor expenditures
- Assess vendors and develop test strategies for new hardware and software
- Can make architecture decisions at a team and product level
- Meet with IT staff to determine impact of proposed changes to hardware or software on computer
- Be able to code and architect back and front end solutions with multiple types or architecture
- Researches and implements technological strategic solutions
- Familiar with production Cloud/DevOps environments
- Experience in Agile Development, with specific Solution Architect (or similar) experience preferred
- Understands relationship with Product Owner, Design Lead and rest of technical team
- Experience managing technical priorities within the Backlog
- Experience managing the overall delivery through the aligned team
- Strong analytical skills; ability to distill information from disparate data sources and the capability to tell the story behind it, as well as recommendations for next steps.
- Ability to adapt quickly to new technologies and changing business requirements
- Seek out and embrace relevant perspectives when assessing a situation or making a decision; demonstrate clear understanding of multiple viewpoints.
- Strong communication skills with ability to align the organization on complex technical decisions.
- Active coach and mentor whose goals are to grow and maximize the team's potential.
- Strong coordination and negotiation skills to help keep the team focused and delivering consistent value.
*This position is part of a job family. Experience will be the determining factor.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer including disability and veterans.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need assistance or a reasonable accommodation during the application process, please contact our services team at +1 (see application details).