Location: Milwaukee - Wisconsin
The Automation Controls Engineer serves as a main point of contact for Rockwell Automation's customers and serves as company liaison with customers on administrative and technical matters for assigned projects. Regional travel throughout Wisconsin is required, up to 25%.
Rockwell's Field Support Engineer's are responsible for effectively providing services to support the on-site installation, start-up, maintenance, and operation of automation control systems & advanced manufacturing software applications, drive systems, manufacturing systems, industrial networks and the individual products which comprise these systems.
The ideal candidate will have working knowledge and experience with Motion Support/Motion Product Engineering.
- Provide customer support through the performance of installation, as well as overseeing any necessary diagnoses, troubleshooting, service, and repair of Rockwell equipment and systems.
- Program PLCs and HMIs systems for new or modified equipment utilizing RSLogix 5, 500, 5000, FactoryTalk Studio software, Studio5000, ControlLogix and CompactLogix.
- Lead, Support, Start-up of projects including the use of Kinetix motion control products
- Understanding of Low Voltage Drives (programming, start-up)
- Troubleshoot problems, identify, and implement new or amended system functionality, identify operational process gaps, and take corrective actions.
- Recommend and initiate modifications or replacement of equipment, which fail to meet operating standards.
- Execute initiatives supporting our automation strategy, manage operating workflows and progress continuous improvement opportunities.
- Perform project management function for customer projects including needs identification, scheduling, tracking, and reporting.
- Develop and write documentation as required (validation project plans, standard operating procedures, qualification summary reports, system audits, technical reports, traceability matrix, etc.).
- Communicate with Rockwell Automation and customer management regarding project details.
- Travel will occur about 25% for this position and will regularly include day trips throughout the region/assigned territory and will have occasional overnight stays
- Overtime, on-call and weekend support, as needed
- Company vehicle provided
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or Technology field; in lieu of degree, will consider an Associates of Science Degree in Engineering or Technology or equivalent technological training (e.g. technological training received while serving in the military, or equivalent industry training), with 5+ years of directly related experience
- Working knowledge and experience with Motion Support/Motion Product Engineering
- Valid Driver's License
- Ability to travel throughout the region/assigned territory, with flexibility to work overtime, on-call and weekends, as required
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S. without sponsorship now or in the future. Rockwell Automation will not offer sponsorship for this position
- Bachelor's Degree, preferably in Manufacturing, Industrial Automation, Engineering, or Technology related field
- 5+ years of related experience
- Experienced in PLC and HMI programming utilizing RSLogix 5, 500, 5000, RSView32 and/or FTView ME/SE, Networking: RIO, DH+, D-Net, and Ethernet Communication
- Migration-Drive Migration experience
- Diagnosing Network & Ethernet issues
- PLC programming utilizing RSLogix 5, 500, 5000, FactoryTalk Studio software
- Studio5000, ControlLogix, CompactLogix
- PowerFlex products and applications
- Ethernet/IP, Stratix Switches
- Servo/Motion control
- Low Voltage PowerFlex Drives knowledge
- Experience with networks including EtherNet, ControlNet, and DeviceNet
- Application/Project experience utilizing Rockwell's Advance Software Packages such as Historian, AssetCentre, VantagePoint, and Plant/Energy Matrix
- Experience in Virtual Machine computing and Thin Client technology
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer including disability and veterans.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need assistance or a reasonable accommodation during the application process, please contact our services team at +1 (see application details).