Location: Milwaukee - Wisconsin
Location: Mayfield Heights - Ohio
The MES Portfolio Engineer positively affects the success of the Rockwell Automation business by being proactively involved in many diverse, fast paced, challenging projects that help enable the larger Rockwell Automation sales channel. The primary focus of this role will be working with our Marketing, Sales, and Engineering organizations to enable our customers' successful implementation of Manufacturing Execution Systems with a focus on Life Sciences, using Rockwell Automation products.
This role requires excellent communication skills and the ability to work with geographically and organizationally diverse teams, in addition to strong application engineering skills. The position will require some travel, up to 15%, to support overall business objectives such as trade shows, training, and customer visits.
In addition, this role includes the following responsibilities:
- Develop and maintain personal technical expertise and commercial knowledge of Rockwell Automation products and industrial automation environments and applications
- Maintain superior knowledge of Life Sciences MES standards, including those related to industrial automation and critical infrastructure
- Serve as a technical expert to support marketing and sales organizations in Life Sciences MES related pre-sales customer engagements, including system architecture reviews and recommendations
- Prepare technical documentation, presentations, webinars, videos, and other tools to improve sales force and domain expert effectiveness in information systems and associated industry standards and methodologies utilized in Life Sciences manufacturing execution systems
- Support trade shows through the creation of presentations, demonstrations, and/or hands on labs
- Conduct customer demonstrations remotely and in Customer Solution and Experience Centers
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, or equivalent experience
- Minimum 3 years related experience with recognized technical expertise in applying automation or information solutions, with strong application knowledge.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills, including solid business/technical writing skills, and the ability to present topics to medium to large sized groups
- Knowledge and experience in developing, supporting, and implementing Industrial IoT digital transformation strategies, MES, and software solutions
- 5+ years of experience the manufacturing industry
- Ability to articulate to executive and technical audiences the value of Rockwell Automation process solutions, information systems, and industry standards and methodologies
- Experience with Rockwell Automation information software, such as FactoryTalk ProductionCentre, FactoryTalk Production, FactoryTalk PharmaSuite, and EIHub
- Industry domain knowledge and expertise around smart machine concepts (such as Industry 4.0, IIoT) in the Life Sciences industry
- Process domain expertise in Life Sciences applications
- Experience in one or more of the following: Biotech, FDA, Validation, MES, DCS, Batch Control, SCADA
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer including disability and veterans.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need assistance or a reasonable accommodation during the application process, please contact our services team at +1 (see application details).