Location: Ladysmith - Wisconsin
Who is Rockwell?
Do you want to make a difference in the world? At Rockwell Automation you can do just that and more. Rockwell is a global leader in industrial automation and digital transformation. We connect the imaginations of people with the potential technology to expand what is humanly possible, making the world more productive and sustainable. Rockwell was recognized as one of the World's Most Ethical Companies in 2020. We place a high value on integrity which fosters an environment where all employees can and want to do their best work.
To learn more about how we are bringing The Connected Enterprise to life across industrial enterprises, please visit www.rockwellautomation.com.
What Rockwell Brings to You
Rockwell cares about our employees and our benefits package is just one way we support you. Rockwell provides options for medical, dental and vision insurance, 401K plan including company match, generous vacation allowances, and many more options available. To learn more about our Benefits Package, please visit https://raquickfind.com/.
What Rockwell Needs from You
We need a diverse workforce to do our best work. We need the makers, the forward thinkers, the problem solvers, and everything in between. That is where you come in. We are looking for an Prototype Assembler 1. This is a 1st Shift role (Monday-Friday 6:00am-2:30p.m.) with a starting rate of $15.19/hourly paid out on a weekly basis.
RESPONSIBLITIES and ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Complete mechanical assembly based on provided work instructions.
- Responsible for using proper safety equipment and following all safety procedures. Responsible for performing housekeeping activities to maintain a clean and safe work environment.
- Set-up and operate assembly equipment (hand tools, pneumatic tools, lifts, etc.).
- Ability to embrace change and respond quickly and constructively to changing priorities.
- Ability to perform basic functions with computer.
- Pack Products from presses
- Assist Molding Operators with day to day operations
- Follow established documented work instructions
- Assist with documented visual & dimensional quality checks
- Assist with machine preventative maintenance and cleaning
- Work with team in keeping mold cell clean and organized
- Willing to work in any assigned department within the facility when requested by supervisor.
- Conducts tasks in accordance with applicable Health, Safety, Quality, and Environmental Regulations (State/Federal Laws, ISO9001, ISO14000, etc.) as well as Rockwell Automation policies and procedures
- May occasionally need to change work schedule to accommodate business needs
- Must be willing to accept work assignments from other manufacturing support personnel/management
- Willing to train on all hand and power equipment as needed
- Overtime is an essential function of this position which typically requires 10-20 hours of standard hours of overtime/week. Actual overtime hours may vary.
- Assemble using hand and power tools
- Follow DWI - Documented Work Instructions
- SAP, Factory Talk
- Problem Solving
- Mechanical Ability
- Must be able to lift 30-40 lbs.
- Self-Direction within Team Environment
- Visual and Hand Dexterity
- Sit and/or Stand for long periods
- Responsible for utilizing proper safety equipment and following all safety procedures.
- High School Diploma/GED OR 1 year of related experience
- Legal authorization to work in the US is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer including disability and veterans.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need assistance or a reasonable accommodation during the application process, please contact our services team at +1 (see application details).