Join our team of excellent team members at Covenant Village.
The Grounds Personnel maintain and create healthy and beautiful outdoor spaces and grounds.
Full-time benefits include Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance, Long-term and Short-term disability insurance, life insurance, paid time off, participation in 403b retirement, awards and recognition, professional development opportunities, Wellness Center privileges and more.
- Plans and executes small scale landscaping operations and maintains the grounds and landscape.
- Follows horticultural standards.
- Plans, plants, cultivates, and maintains lawns and garden beds using garden implements and power-operated equipment.
- Maintains and keeps all equipment in good running condition.
- Participates on the On-Call list.
- Prepares and keeps property road conditions good during inclement weather.
- Advises Residents with their planting needs.
- Serves on the Grounds Committee of the Resident’s Association as staff advisors.
- Maintains a safe working environment. Inspects all outside and surrounding areas for any hazards. Reports to management any safety concerns.
- Attends all mandatory In-Service trainings and meetings.
- Keeps all licenses up to date that pertain to the job.
- Adheres to all company policies and procedures as well as works in line with the CV CARES Core Values and Mission Statement.
- Performs other duties as assigned by management.
- High school diploma/GED is preferred.
- Work experience is a plus.
- Must be able to communicate clearly, politely and professionally with Residents, staff and guests.
- Able to read normal print (with or without corrective lenses).
- Must have a good sense of smell to be able to detect various hazards such as smoke, chemicals or gas.
- Be physically fit as the job involves a lot of manual labor work.
- Must be agile, efficient, and able to balance, climb, crouch, pull, push, reach, stand for long periods of time, stoop, lift 75 pounds, perform repetitive movements and climb/maneuver a ladder.
- Able to follow instructions, give attention to detail and work well with others.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Will be exposed to inside and outside environmental conditions, as well as chemical and respiratory hazards. Adequate safety training and equipment will be provided.
Click "apply" to submit your application today!
Covenant Village is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to that individual's race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.