United States District Court
District of Delaware
Vacancy Announcement 21-10
Position Title: Systems Administrator
Duty Station: Wilmington, Delaware
Salary: CL-28 ($67,382- $109,505)
Opening Date: October 13, 2021
Closing Date: Open until Filled
Position Overview The Systems Administrator coordinates and oversees the court units information technology servers. The Systems Administrator performs routine administration to the servers and implements complex updates, including developing systems documentation and data network security. The incumbent performs server troubleshooting and triage during service failure scenarios and participates in intense investigations to determine the root cause and develop corrective actions. The incumbent ensures effective and efficient server maintenance and operations workflow and practices to help improve availability and performance of systems and dependent environments. Duties also include collaborating with supervisors, managers, court unit executives, and judges locally as well as other court units.
- Provide technical expertise as a team member in the development and operational support of the courts systems and services.
- Design, test, and deploy new or enhanced servers including resident software services.
- Perform server troubleshooting and triage during service failure scenarios and participate in detailed investigations to determine root cause and corrective actions
- Ensure effective and efficient server maintenance and operations workflow and practices to help improve availability and performance of systems and dependent environments.
- Provide hardware and software support for Windows Server 2016/2019, VMWare ESX, VMWare Vsphere, Veeam and Redhat Linux operating system environments.
- Provide troubleshooting support for the courts Active Directory, IIS, Informix, SQL Servers, and other court- developed software applications and services.
- Responsible for the creation, maintenance, and enhancement of data backup and recovery procedures and practices using Veeam and Exagrid.
- Conduct comprehensive data security assessments and provide for network security through hardware and/or software solutions.
- Analyze and research procurement needs relating to the purchase of new server hardware and dependent accessories including software utilities and backup tapes.
- Create and maintain systems documentation.
- Perform other related duties as required.
Qualifications Applicants for this position should possess two years of specialized experience. Specialized experience shall include progressively responsible experience designing, implementing or maintaining computer systems that include the completion of computer assignments involving systems analysis, computer programming, systems integration, and information technology project management. Candidate must possess exceptional analytical and communication skills, both orally and in writing; ability to exercise mature judgment and to manage multiple projects simultaneously; ability to deal effectively with the District and Magistrate Judges; and other members of the Court; be a team player who is highly motivated and flexible in a changing environment. Attention to detail is critical. Must be able to provide exceptional customer service. Position necessitates some lifting and may require some travel, including occasional overnight travel. Professional or businesslike approach and attire are required.
- Experience with MS Server 2016/2019 administration, Group Policy Management, workstation and application deployment
- Experience with data backup and recovery design, implementation and administration in windows environment
- Experience using HTML to interact with SQL Server, Microsoft Access, Oracle and/or Informix databases.
- Good working knowledge of programming languages such as JAVA, ASP, .NET, XML, SQL, PHP, HTML, PowerShell and content management systems such as Drupal.
- Experience in Microsoft System Center suite, Windows Deployment Services, WSUS, and Solarwinds.
- Experience with Enterprise monitoring, event log monitoring, performance monitoring/tuning and trend reporting.
- MCSA Server/MCSE preferred
- KACE, PDQ Deploy, Splunk, Nessus experience a plus.
- 2 years of network administration and programming or applicable work experience is desired
Education and Experience The completion of a degree in computer science, information systems management (or other related field), or significant experience in a directly related field is preferred.
CL-28 Two years of specialized experience
The United States District Court for the District of Delaware offers a generous benefits package which includes the following:
- Paid annual and sick leave
- Eleven paid federal holidays
- Participation in the Federal Employees Health Benefits Program (FEHB)
- Federal Employees Dental and Vision Insurance Program (FEDVIP)
- Federal Employees Group Life Insurance (FEGLI)
- Flexible Benefits Program
- Employee Assistance Programs
- Long Term Care Insurance through the Federal Judiciary or OPM
- Federal Employees Retirement System (FERS)
- Thrift Savings Plan (TSP)- up to 5% match
- Student Loan Forgiveness Program for Public Service Employees
- On-site fitness facility
- Transit Subsidy Program (contingent upon availability of funds)
NOTE: Some benefits require a waiting period.
Information for Applicants
The required application documents include the following: resume, cover letter, references and an AO-78 Federal Judicial Branch Application for Employment. To apply for the position, please visit the Courts website at: https://opportunities.ilnb.uscourts.gov/Employment/appform.cfm?ref=daye8adr&pos=21-10
. Applicants will receive an email confirmation upon receipt. Incomplete applications, paper applications or faxed applications will not be considered.
The U.S. District Court reserves the right to modify the conditions of this job announcement, to withdraw the job announcement, or to fill the position(s) sooner than the closing date, if a closing date is shown, any of which action may occur without prior written notice. This job announcement may involve filing more than one position described therein.
This position is a mandatory EFT (Electronic Funds Transfer) participation for payment of net pay.
The U.S. District Court requires employees to adhere to the Judicial Code of Conduct for Judicial Employees which is available on www.uscourts.gov.
The U.S. District Court for the District of Delaware is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Verification of employment eligibility according to the Immigration Control and Reform Act of 1986 will be required of all new employees of the U.S. District Court.
The Systems Administrator position is a high sensitive position. As a condition of employment, the selected candidate must successfully complete a ten year background investigation with periodic updates every five years thereafter.
Employees working for the District Court for the District of Delaware are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Employees will be required to complete a Vaccination Attestation form.
If you have any questions regarding this announcement please contact the Human Resources Specialist at (302)573-6170.