The Manager of Accounting and Reporting is responsible for managing the Company's general accounting, treasury, and financial reporting functions, including ensuring the Company is adhering to US GAAP and local country GAAP and Company policy and procedures. The Manager of Accounting and Reporting will oversee the monthly close, intercompany, cash and treasury and ensure that all accounts properly stated, analyzed and reconciled monthly. The position is accountable for the development and coaching of staff. The ideal candidate will have a record of improving, automating and streamlining procedures while consistently achieving corporate financial goals.
- Lead the planning and execution of the month-end close process. Ensure all entries are properly processed. Maintain the monthly close calendar and distribute same to all responsible parties to ensure timeline awareness.
- Oversee the accounting for liability, intercompany, cash and clearing accounts, ensuring accounts are properly stated, analyzed, and reconciled monthly.
- Prepare MD&A disclosures and supplemental schedules/analyses required by Berkshire Hathaway.
- Manage the preparation of executive team review packages and other reports to Benjamin Moore and Berkshire Hathaway executive management.
- Develop and maintain the integrity of the financial close process and financial controls. Coordinate, develop and update written policies and procedures over the close and reporting process
- Lead a staff of 3-5 employees
- Assist in the preparation of accounting policies
- Calculate monthly financial metrics and quarterly peer analyses.
- Participate in special projects and prepare ad hoc analyses, as requested.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting and 7-10 years' accounting experience. Big 4 plus public company financial reporting experience preferred.
- CPA, CMA and/or MBA.
- Strong technical US GAAP accounting knowledge and knowledge of local statutory reporting.
- Knowledge of best practices in internal controls and financial reporting
- Must be highly analytical and inquisitive with strong organizational abilities, keen attention to detail, and ability to meet monthly deadlines and goals
- Strong working knowledge Microsoft Office; proficient in Excel, Access, and Word
- Knowledge of SAP BPC and Business Objects a plus Excellent organizational, managerial, interpersonal and communication (written and oral) skills, ability to work in a team-based, continuous improvement environment
- Strong Business Acumen and ability to interpret and explain financial results and trends
- Expected travel up to 5% in US and Canada, no extended projects. Weekend work as needed
- Knowledge of manufacturing accounting and variance analysis.
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
At Benjamin Moore, we believe diversity of culture, talent, and varying perspectives is key to a collaborative, innovative, and successful business. We are committed to driving change within our organization through purposeful Diversity, Equity & Inclusion (DE&I) efforts, while also focusing on our customers and communities in which we serve. Our DE&I efforts allow each of us to authentically live our corporate values of Openness, Integrity, Community, Excellence and Safety. Our Social Impact programming of strategic local and national partnerships, in-kind donations, volunteerism, and more expands our ability to make a difference in the lives of all of our stakeholders. We hope you will join us and become an advocate for diversity and inclusion here at Benjamin Moore.
The color of pride: Benjamin Moore is proud to be a part of Berkshire Hathaway, which was recognized by Fortune magazine as the world's fourth most admired company. And for more than 130 years we've been a respected leader in the architectural coatings and home décor landscape; creating the products and tools that enrich and beautify thousands of communities each day. We recognize that our associates are the driving force behind our success and we strive to provide a work environment where hard work, creativity and purposeful collaboration are fostered and encouraged.
Join a company where innovation is constantly recognized as we look for individuals who produce world-class products, best-in-class services and customer experiences, design pioneering paints using the latest technologies and deliver unparalleled value and brand experiences for our customers and retail network.
At Benjamin Moore, our people are the heart of the company and our number one asset. We are committed to providing safe working conditions at all of our locations and have invested heavily in measures aimed at keeping employees healthy during the COVID-19 pandemic. With safety as one of our core company values, we’ve modified facilities and work schedules to support social distancing, established enhanced cleaning and sanitization protocols, and regularly provide personal protective equipment to all employees—including masks, gloves and hand sanitizer. Ensuring the well-being of our team members is a top priority.