Cuando se trata de salir adelante y tienes la voluntad de ganar, vamos a llamarlo gran potencial de carrera! Imagine being able to get answers to your health plan questions from someone who speaks the same language as you do. Or, the opposite, not being able to get the answers. At UnitedHealth Group, we want our customers to get those answers by speaking to one of our Bilingual Representatives. If you're fluent in English and Spanish, we can show you how to put all of your skills, your passions and your energy to work in a fast - growing environment.
Healthcare isn’t just changing. It’s growing more complex every day. ICD - 10 Coding replaces ICD - 9. Affordable Care adds new challenges and financial constraints. Where does it all lead? Hospitals and Healthcare organizations continue to adapt, and we are vital part of their evolution. And that’s what fueled these exciting new opportunities.
Who are we? Optum360. We’re a dynamic new partnership formed by Dignity Health and Optum to combine our unique expertise. As part of the growing family of UnitedHealth Group, we’ll leverage our compassion, our talent, our resources and experience to bring financial clarity and a full suite of Revenue Management services to Healthcare Providers, nationwide.
If you’re looking for a better place to use your passion, your ideas and your desire to drive change, this is the place to be. It’s an opportunity to do your life's best work.SM
This position is Full-Time (37.5 hours/week) Monday - Friday. Employees are required to work between 9:30am to 5:30pm, including Saturdays 8:00am to 1:00pm. It may be necessary, given the business need, to work occasional overtime, weekends, and holidays as needed. Our office is located at 101 St. Andrews Ln, Glen Cove, NY
- Manages patient placement and bed board functions
- Contacts insurance carrier(s) to obtain all information necessary for the successful billing of 3rd party payers (coordination of benefits, benefit coverage / limits, co - pay / deductible amounts, authorization, pre - certification and referral requirements etc.
- Re - verifies insurance of recurring patients
- Performs financial assessments and determines patient’s responsibility
- Advises patient of all financial obligations
- Communicates balance amounts, deposits and point of service payments
- Prepares charts, registration forms, patient address or graph plates, etc.
- Forwards required items to nursing unit / clinic / ancillary department
- Answer’s telephone, maintains files, sorts mail and keeps inventory of supplies
- Informs manager of all activities, needs and problems
- Assists with data collection
- Deals with physicians and other customers
- Coordinate’s expiation documentation and manages patient valuables
- Performs related duties as required
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High School Diploma / GED (or higher)
- 1+ years of customer service experience
- Proficiency with Microsoft Outlook (email and calendar)
- Fluent in Spanish and English
- Ability to work 37.5 hours per week between 9:30am to 5:30pm to include alternating Saturdays 8am to 1pm. Overtime and holidays as needed.
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential requirement of this role. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination prior to employment to ensure compliance.
- Experience performing customer service in a medical setting
- Experience with ICD - 10 codes
Physical & Work Environment:
- Will be required to navigate and walk throughout the Hospital and Emergency Room environment
UnitedHealth Group requires all new hires and employees to report their COVID-19 vaccination status.
Military & Veterans find your next mission: We know your background and experience is different and we like that. UnitedHealth Group values the skills, experience and dedication that serving in the military demands. In fact, many of the values defined in the service mirror what the UnitedHealth Group culture holds true: Integrity, Compassion, Relationships, Innovation and Performance. Whether you are looking to transition from active duty to a civilian career, or are an experienced veteran or spouse, we want to help guide your career journey. Learn more at https://uhg.hr/transitioning-military
Learn how Teresa, a Senior Quality Analyst, works with military veterans and ensures they receive the best benefits and experience possible. https://uhg.hr/vet
Careers with Optum360. At Optum360, we're on the forefront of health care innovation. With health care costs and compliance pressures increasing every day, our employees are committed to making the financial side more efficient, transferable and sustainable for everyone. We're part of the Optum and UnitedHealth Group family of companies, making us part of a global effort to improve lives through better health care. In other words, it's a great time to be part of the Optum360 team. Take a closer look now and discover why a career here could be the start to doing your life's best work.SM
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Keywords: UnitedHealth Group, UnitedHealthcare, Optum, health care, office, phone support, customer service, billing, training class, now hiring, jobs, careers, hiring immediately, #RPO