# of Openings
Remote / WFH
Job Post Information* : Posted Date
11 hours ago(10/11/2021 5:17 PM)
Oportun (Nasdaq: OPRT) is a financial services company and digital platform that provides responsible consumer credit to hardworking people. Using A.I.-driven models that are built on years of proprietary customer insights and billions of unique data points, we have extended millions of loans and billions in affordable credit, providing our customers with alternatives to payday and auto title loans. In recognition of our responsibly designed products which help consumers build their credit history, we have been certified as a Community Development Financial Institution (CDFI) since 2009.
Since extending our first loan in 2006, Oportun has made over 4 million loans, totaling over $10 billion to hardworking low- and moderate-income individuals. In turn, Oportun has helped more than 905,000 people begin establishing the credit history required to enter the financial mainstream. At the same time, Oportun's customers have saved an estimated $1.9 billion in interest and fees compared to the alternatives typically available to them.
Oportun is a mission-driven, technology-powered provider of inclusive, affordable financial services and a certified Community Development Financial Institution (CDFI).
We seek to serve the 100 million people in the US who are shut out of the financial mainstream because they are credit invisible or are mis-scored because they have limited credit history. By lending money to hardworking, low-to-moderate income individuals, we help them move forward in their lives, demonstrate their creditworthiness, and establish the credit history they need to access new opportunities.
Since 2006, we have lent over $6.8 billion through over 3.1 million affordable small dollar loans and have helped over 730,000 people start establishing credit. In recognition of inventive approach, we were recognized by Time Magazine as one of 50 Genius Companies inventing the future.
The Bay Area News Group recognized Oportun as a Top Workplace in 2019. Come and be a part of our community of employees, partners, and customers who are devoted to expanding financial opportunity for millions. When we work together, we can make life better.
The Store Team Leader is responsible for the management and execution of day-to-day operations of a store within a district. This includes driving consistency in sales and quality of customer service as well as strict adherence to all formal processes and Standard Operating Procedures. This includes the supervision and coaching of our store Customer Service Representatives (CSRs) to deliver sales results that meet or exceed monthly goals.
Store Team Leaders are passionate developers of people with a strength for delivering results and an amazing customer service experience and will be responsible for delivering monthly check-in reviews with the CSRs and developing action plans using a positive performance model. Successful Store Team Leaders drive results through in-store support, community outreach and relationship building. This position will require working flexible shifts including days, nights and weekends and presents a unique opportunity to influence the lives of others while fulfilling the Oportun mission.
- Develop and lead a high performing, highly motivated team of Customer Service Representatives through selection, coaching and development in partnership with the District manager, peer Store Team Leads, Retail Training Associates (where applicable) in order to effectively impact results
- Leverage daily production reports in order to build plans to meet or exceed monthly store team goals and Ensure the store is pro-actively driving additional new customers into the store through community marketing, establishing relationships and gathering referrals from existing customers
- Performs interviews of prospective CSR candidates and influences the decision in partnership with the District Manager
- Confirm that all CSRs have completed all assigned training and have read and understand all communications and updates
- Perform monthly check-in performance evaluations on all store CSRs and coach and manage using positive performance to meet and exceed expectations. Is responsible for Positive Performance conversations as well as corrective action in partnership with the DM and People and Culture team
- Manages Labor; CSR shift swaps, PTO, timecard corrections, availability and timecard approvals
- Maintain operational, procedural and regulatory oversight as well as provide coaching and guidance to ensure the store and CSRs pass all "in-store" and "phone" quality audits
- Helps and guides CSRs in resolving everyday issues and when to escalate to the DM or the appropriate HQ support partners. Respond to customer inquiries or complaints in person or over the phone in a professional manner
- Perform CSR and various other administrative duties as directed by District Manager
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) REQUIRED
- Passionate about Oportun's mission
- Prior sales experience (2+ years)
- Prior banking (Branch Lead, Sr. Personal Banker) experience - highly desirable (1-3 years)
- Previous work experience as a Team Leader or Supervisor preferred (1+year)
- Experience in planning, communication and influence to be able to effectively coach & develop the skills of the team in order to improve results
- Strength in providing excellent customer service with an attention to detail and follow through
- Ability to work independently with minimal direction
- A results oriented, self-motivated team player who leads by example.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- High School Diploma/GED preferred
- General knowledge of Office 360 including Outlook, Excel, Word and PPT
- Valid driver's license
As a valuable member of our team, you'll receive:
- Competitive pay with sales incentives
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and other benefits for Full-time Employees
- Employer-matched 401(k)
- Opportunities to positively affect your community
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Training
- Employee salary advance option