Directs overall operational functions for assigned areas.
Essential Job Duties:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
- Sets priorities for data collection for identified performance improvement programs which are related to organization's goals and priorities. Projects volumes, needs, and clinical services on an annual basis justifying variances and initiating corrective actions to adjust variances accordingly.
- Functions as an expert in the management of patient care in the clinical area.
- Facilitates and participates in ongoing teams designed to plan, communicate, implement, and evaluate optimal patient care delivery systems.
- Ensures that effective ongoing communications and information sharing occurs at the inter/intra departmental levels.
- Develops annual staff development goals for assigned area and performs routine staff appraisal to address professional growth per hospital standard. Directs the ongoing activities of personnel related to skills competency targets and adherence to staffing policies to assure efficiency of resources.
- Bachelor's degree in Nursing.
- Five years of relevant clinical experience plus three years of management experience
- Current licensure as a registered nurse by the Maryland Board of Nursing.
- CPR - American Heart Association health care provider certification.
Working Conditions, Equipment, Physical Demands:
There is a reasonable expectation that employees in this position will be exposed to blood-borne pathogens.
Physical Demands -
Medium work. Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 30 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
The physical demands and work environment that have been described are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act.
The above job description is an overview of the functions and requirements for this position. This document is not intended to be an exhaustive list encompassing every duty and requirement of this position; your supervisor may assign other duties as deemed necessary.