The Life Safety Specialist assists the Environment of Care and Life Safety efforts in providing a safe environment and assuring compliance with regulatory codes. In addition, supporting the development and implementation of sustainable safety processes and systems for engineering standard operating procedures and coordinating the education and interfacing with engineering and clinical staff.
Essential Job Duties:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Supports Life Safety and Environment of Care Functions
- Provides contractor oversight for Life Safety Equipment Inspections and test requirements are met
- Ensures safety documentation is accurate and complete
- Prepares a list of deficiencies at the end of each test day and ensures work orders are created for corrective action
- Prepares interim life safety measures based on risk assessments for deficiencies as needed
- Coordinates and follows up on deficiency repairs to ensure full and accurate completion timely
- Oversees the Ceiling Access program and coordinate above ceiling inspections
- Performs construction and renovation site safety inspections
- Becomes proficient with the engineering computer maintenance management system (TMS)
- Initiates staff and management training and education programs.
Required Minimum Education. The minimum level of education for this position includes:
Bachelor's degree in healthcare, engineering, fire safety regulations, preferred
Required Minimum Experience:
1 - 3 years healthcare facilities operations
NFPA, Joint Commission, or Healthcare Regulatory Agency certificates preferred
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
Strong interpersonal, communication - verbal and written
Strong organizational skills - experience with writing and developing and implementing policies and procedures
Proficiency in MS Office Suite
Working Conditions, Equipment, Physical Demands:
Medium work. Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 30 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
There is reasonable expectation that employees in this position will not be exposed to blood-borne pathogens.
The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements.